PDA

View Full Version : Terror alerts manufactured? re; andy fox

brad
02-07-2003, 02:35 PM
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=white+house+fake+terror+alerts&btnG=Google+Sea rch

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=30312

Terror alerts manufactured?
FBI agents say White House scripting 'hysterics' for political effect

Jimbo
02-07-2003, 04:11 PM
LOL, another unbiased report courtesy of Brad! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

brad
02-07-2003, 05:26 PM
ari fleischer admitted it but i dont have the link to the transcript

Jimbo
02-07-2003, 05:33 PM
Darn you Brad!! Now you are answering my next question before I ask! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

brad
02-07-2003, 06:02 PM
i would tell u how i knew but uwouldnr believe me.

heh btw powells un address was plaigarized from a ten year old college term paper.

too funny but people will die

Jimbo
02-07-2003, 06:51 PM
Brad said (again without plausible substantiation)"heh btw powells un address was plaigarized from a ten year old college term paper. Yeah Brad, and my Aunt is really my Uncle in drag. Or did someone count the number of syllables in this 10 year old college term paper and discover it had the same number as Powells speech? They then determined that only the words and letters were changed to give the appearance that is was original.

andyfox
02-07-2003, 07:52 PM
Gee, there sure are a lot of posts lately with my name in the title. Scary.

I note that the source for this story is Capitol Hill Blue. Capitol Hill Blue's motto is that "nobody's life liberty or property are safe when Congress is in session.
Hmm . . .

Hey, I think Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice, etc. are dangerous cowboys, but I'd sure like harder evidence about this than Capitol Hill Blue.

hudini36
02-07-2003, 08:00 PM
I thin that you would have cheered Seig Heil with the crowds, and then claimed at the Nuremberg trials that you never knew.

The Bush Admin resembles the situation in 1939 greatly. The Reichstag fire blamed on your enemies (9/11), the elimination of civil liberites at home(the patriot act), unchecked aggression in Austria and Czech Republic(Afghanistan), announced atrocities and threats at Danzig(terror alerts), invasion of Poland(Iraq).

perhaps you are just naive.

John Ho
02-07-2003, 08:11 PM
I was thinking the same thing. It's probably more likely this is a strategy to drum up public support for war rather than a true "elevation" of a threat.

Politics as usual. To be fair, though, politicians wouldn't have to resort to this kind of crap if the average person were not so stupid.

Jimbo
02-07-2003, 10:45 PM
hudini36,

I am naive? And you are the one comparing President Bush to Hitler? Let me guess, you are a young college student from an upper middle class family. You are easily bored but feel susceptible to a potential draft so protesting against our government, which is your right, makes you feel less shallow and useful. If you truly want to be useful enlist in the US Armed Forces and give something in return to this great country. Oh I forgot, you disagree with our foreign policy, how convenient.

brad
02-08-2003, 03:37 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/02/07/sprj.irq.uk.dossier/index.html

LONDON, England -- The British government has been accused of basing its latest Iraq dossier on old material, including an article by an American post-graduate student.

Large chunks of the 19-page report -- highlighted by U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell at the U.N. as a "fine paper ... which describes in exquisite detail Iraqi deception activities" -- contains large chunks lifted from other sources, according to several academics.
------------------------------------

just cnn, jimbo.

got you again !!

heh heh

2-0 me or at least 1.5 .5 me. hehe heheeh

Jimbo
02-08-2003, 11:31 AM
Brad I quote from your post that I disputed "heh btw powells un address was plaigarized from a ten year old college term paper. Now I quote the article you linked to for your proof "highlighted by U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell at the U.N. as a "fine paper ... which describes in exquisite detail....."

Brad how does caliing Tony Blairs report "a fine paper" translate into Colin Powells report as being plagarism? You do not even have a grip on the facts much lesss have you "got me". If you are keeping score it would be 0-2 dear Brad.

nicky g
02-08-2003, 02:10 PM
I don't think that was his point. Anyway, whatever anyone's point is, it is now not under dispute by either side that much of a British intelligence report on Iraq which has been used to justify policy on Iraq and which Powell used as a (small)part of his ccase at the UN was plagiarised from a 10-year old PhD thesis.