PDA

View Full Version : Friend with benefits....

mslif
07-04-2005, 02:46 PM
Any comments about those? Also, do you think an actual relationship can develope with this kind of beginning?

fluxrad
07-04-2005, 02:49 PM
yes. but it will likely fail.

spamuell
07-04-2005, 02:51 PM
If you actually like the person as a friend, don't do it.

[censored]
07-04-2005, 02:54 PM
The way to win this hand, is to fold preflop.

Dr. Drew
07-04-2005, 02:54 PM
Bad idea.

Vote4Pedro
07-04-2005, 03:01 PM
weak/tight

touchfaith
07-04-2005, 03:02 PM
George: Where are you living? Are you here? Are you on this planet? It's impossible. It can't be done.
(He sits back down) Thousands of years people have been trying to have their cake and eat it too. So all of a sudden the two of you are going to come along and do it. Where do you get the ego? No one can do it. It can't be done.

Jerry: I think we've worked out a system.

George: Oh, you know what you're like? You're like a pathetic gambler. You're one of those losers in Las Vegas who keeps thinking he's gonna come up with a way to win at blackjack.

Jerry: No, this is very advanced. We've designed at set of rules that we can maintain the friendship by advancing all of the relationship pitfalls.

George: Sure, all right. Tell me the rules.

Jerry: Okay. No calls the next day.

George: (To himself) So you're havin' the sex, next day you don't have to call. That's pretty good. (Back to Jerry) Go ahead.

Jerry: You ready for the second one?

George: I have tell you, I'm pretty impressed with the first one.

mslif
07-04-2005, 03:02 PM
word...

mslif
07-04-2005, 03:05 PM
Seinfeld! Always a classic. Thanks

[censored]
07-04-2005, 03:05 PM
Once again the theory that many answers questions can be found in an episode of Seinfeld is proves true.

Rev. Good Will
07-04-2005, 03:07 PM
fold PF

Rev. Good Will
07-04-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The way to win this hand, is to fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

poop! got beaten to it

nothumb
07-04-2005, 03:09 PM
The friends I have had with benefits were precisely the women I did not want to have a relationship with. The only fair way to do it is if she feels the same way.

I have to say some of my closest female friends are former Fw/B... but I think I am fairly unusual in my dealings with women.

NT

wacki
07-04-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I have to say some of my closest female friends are former Fw/B... but I think I am fairly unusual in my dealings with women.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is because you are very street smart and a very stable person. You also seem like the type that has a lot of self control when the situation calls for it. If you have those qualities friends with benifits isn't that hard to accomplish.

IMO the key is properly analyzing her motives, your feelings, and having good judgement/control. Honesty and communication are also a critical factor. If you don't have all of those, you are screwed. The second mind games or deceit enter the picture, you have to move on.

nothumb
07-04-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is because you are very street smart and a very stable person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, one outta two ain't bad. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

NT

Russ McGinley
07-04-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Once again the theory that many answers questions can be found in an episode of Seinfeld is proves true.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every possible situation in the universe has already been addressed in a Seinfeld episode. I think this is common knowledge.

mslif
07-04-2005, 03:25 PM
You can tell all that from that one comment! Tight.

wacki
07-04-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

1 out of 2??? How so? I'm pretty sure you have both.

nothumb
07-04-2005, 03:27 PM
Well at the time I wasn't the most stable guy in the world, so you couldn't really apply that quality to the relationships I had at the time. They all pretty much predate my current LTR by a good bit.

But it's still awful sweet of you. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

NT

[censored]
07-04-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

1 out of 2??? How so? I'm pretty sure you have both.

[/ QUOTE ] /images/graemlins/grin.gif

It is actually 2 for 3 he is very "street" and very "stable"

nothumb
07-04-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It is actually 2 for 3 he is very "street" and very "stable"

[/ QUOTE ]

If by 'stable' you mean 'sedentary,' yeah.

But I am tru to da streets, nigga.

NT

wacki
07-04-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If by 'stable' you mean 'sedentary,' yeah.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) I didn't know you had words with 3 syllables in your vocabulary.

2) This made me laugh out loud. Ni han

PokerFink
07-04-2005, 03:48 PM
FWB are great, but ONLY if you are able to communicate with said friend. It is possible to have a friendship, start hooking up with the girl, and then stop hooking up (due to one of you getting a S/O, the semester ending, whatever) and still be friends afterwards.

They key is that you both have to be completely comfortable with the fact that there is no attachment or committment, and that both parties are free to be with other people if they choose.

As for it turning into a real relationship, I've seen it happen but they rarely last very long.

Dragonlord
07-04-2005, 04:19 PM
SIIHP

scotty34
07-04-2005, 05:00 PM
Sally: We are just going to be friends, OK?

Harry: Great, friends. It's the best thing...You realize, of course, that we can never be friends.

Sally: Why not?

Harry: What I'm saying is - and this is not a come-on in any way, shape, or form - is that men and women can't be friends, because the sex part always gets in the way.

Sally: That's not true. I have a number of men friends and there is no sex involved.

Harry: No, you don't.

Sally: Yes, I do.

Harry: No, you don't.

Sally: Yes, I do.

Harry: You only think you do.

Sally: You're saying I'm having sex with these men without my knowledge?

Harry: No, what I'm saying is they all want to have sex with you.

Sally: They do not.

Harry: Do too.

Sally: They do not.

Harry: Do too.

Sally: How do you know?

Harry: Because no man can be friends with a woman that he finds attractive. He always wants to have sex with her.

Sally: So you're saying that a man can be friends with a woman he finds unattractive.

Harry: No, you pretty much want to nail them, too.

Sally: What if they don't want to have sex with you?

Harry: Doesn't matter, because the sex thing is already out there, so the friendship is ultimately doomed, and that is the end of the story.

mslif
07-04-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Harry: Doesn't matter, because the sex thing is already out there, so the friendship is ultimately doomed, and that is the end of the story.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I should have sex with him because we are doomed anyway?

scotty34
07-04-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So I should have sex with him because we are doomed anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh wow, I didn't even notice that you were a "girl." I guess I knew the pokerjo copycats were going to come eventually.

mslif
07-04-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Oh wow, I didn't even notice that you were a "girl." I guess I knew the pokerjo copycats were going to come eventually.

[/ QUOTE ]
You have a problem with a "girl" being here?

[censored]
07-04-2005, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you can drop the act dude.

scotty34
07-04-2005, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I don't even have a problem with guys who pretend they are girls being here. I just think some people need better things to do with their time.

mslif
07-04-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
WOAW! I did not know that I was going to have to defend myself about being a girl. I don't know how I could prove it but any suggestion is welcome. one more thing, guys actually pretend to be girl on thsi site, that's f-----g dumb!

mslif
07-04-2005, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I don't even have a problem with guys who pretend they are girls being here. I just think some people need better things to do with their time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's pretty unfair to be treated that way. Like it or not I am girl.

[censored]
07-04-2005, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
WOAW! I did not know that I was going to have to defend myself about being a girl. I don't know how I could prove it but any suggestion is welcome. one more thing, guys actually pretend to be girl on thsi site, that's f-----g dumb!

[/ QUOTE ]

See right there using [censored], it is obvious you're a guy.

scotty34
07-04-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have to say this is a very poorly thought out "girl" account. First of all, very few girls come to twoplustwo looking for poker strategy discussion, which is its main purpose. I am aware that this does happen though, so I won't dismiss someone claiming to be a girl right away. However, of the few that do come here, I am willing to wager that ZERO of them come to OOT asking for sex and relationship advice on their second day on the boards. They go to QLC, or other forums actually designed for that purpose.

If you still want to insist you are a girl, I'll give you a way to prove it. First, take a picture of yourself and post it here on the board. If you are uneasy about letting a ton of guys see what you look like on a poker forum, then turn your head sideways or something - it doesn't really matter.

mslif
07-04-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that was pretty weak! because I cursed I am a guy... you must be joking! This is really frustrating.

Pocket Trips
07-04-2005, 06:00 PM
The only thing dumber than someone pretending to be a girl ( I don't know or care if the OP is or not) is arguing over whether or not someone is a girl or not

scotty34
07-04-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only thing dumber than someone pretending to be a girl ( I don't know or care if the OP is or not) is arguing over whether or not someone is a girl or not

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely disagree - 80% of OOT is just dumb arguments, and that's what makes it entertaining. What possible good could come of arguing over what would win in a fight, a lion or an elephant?? None, but we still had like 200 replies on the topic.

[censored]
07-04-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that was pretty weak! because I cursed I am a guy... you must be joking! This is really frustrating.

[/ QUOTE ]

You clearly are not a girl but pretending to not know how to properly use the quote function is a nice touch.

mslif
07-04-2005, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You clearly are not a girl but pretending to not know how to use properly use the quote function is a nice touch.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really are being an ass. I am done arguing about this. It's not like I can prove to you one way or the other that I am a girl.

gorie
07-04-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
guys actually pretend to be girl on thsi site, that's f-----g dumb!

[/ QUOTE ]
it was pretty cool, actually.

[censored]
07-04-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You clearly are not a girl but pretending to not know how to properly use the quote function is a nice touch.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really are being an ass. I am done arguing about this. It's not like I can prove to you one way or the other that I am a girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

what ever you say MAN, it's your gimmick account.

UCF THAYER
07-04-2005, 06:39 PM
Not sure if you guys are even joking around with her or not, but after reading the original post i immediately thought the user was a girl.
No guy wonders if a FWB can ever become more, they just want the poon.

spamuell
07-04-2005, 06:43 PM

That people like you feel free to speak for our gender really makes me proud to be male.

PokerFink
07-04-2005, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

That people like you feel free to speak for our gender really makes me proud to be male.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't mean he is wrong. I woulden't say "no guy" but "most guys" just want the poon.

Besides, the whole point of being friends with benefits is just to get ass.

stinkypete
07-04-2005, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
'sedentary,'

[/ QUOTE ]

1) I didn't know you had words with 3 syllables in your vocabulary.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm...

mslif
07-04-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not sure if you guys are even joking around with her or not, but after reading the original post i immediately thought the user was a girl.

[/ QUOTE ]
Finally someone with some intelligence and common sense, both of which seem to be missing on some of those posts.

UCF THAYER
07-04-2005, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't mean he is wrong. I woulden't say "no guy" but "most guys" just want the poon.

Besides, the whole point of being friends with benefits is just to get ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my point. Generally a guy becomes a FWB just to get some and because he doesn't want a relationship. If he wanted a relationship, he'd just have one. Girls generally become a FWB because they really like the guy, and this is the closest she can get. She thinks by giving herself to him, they might become more.

Obviously there are exceptions, but this is generally how i have viewed the whole FWB.

PokerFink
07-04-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Girls generally become a FWB because they really like the guy, and this is the closest she can get. She thinks by giving herself to him, they might become more.

[/ QUOTE ]

From my experience, both with my own FWBs and seeing how my friends (male and female) deal with their FWBs, I don't think this is true.

Girls, especially during college and early twenties, are just as horny as guys for the most part. They, too, want ass with no strings attached. And I have seen many of my female friends have to deal with guys that become attached, thus ruining the FWB relationship.

EDIT: Thats not to say that no girls do what you're saying, just that guys do it too, and that girls also enjoy the "ideal FWB" situation.

AEKDBet
07-04-2005, 08:15 PM
See my thread I posted a day or so ago.... friends with benifits evolved into fake relationship which will end sooner rather than later.... right after i stick it in her pooper. I'm 0/3 right now btw.

lucas9000
07-08-2005, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have to say this is a very poorly thought out "girl" account. First of all, very few girls come to twoplustwo looking for poker strategy discussion, which is its main purpose. I am aware that this does happen though, so I won't dismiss someone claiming to be a girl right away. However, of the few that do come here, I am willing to wager that ZERO of them come to OOT asking for sex and relationship advice on their second day on the boards. They go to QLC, or other forums actually designed for that purpose.

If you still want to insist you are a girl, I'll give you a way to prove it. First, take a picture of yourself and post it here on the board. If you are uneasy about letting a ton of guys see what you look like on a poker forum, then turn your head sideways or something - it doesn't really matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

i can tell you with 100% certainty that she is in fact a girl as she says.

asofel
07-08-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i can tell you with 100% certainty that she is in fact a girl as she says.

[/ QUOTE ]

a cute blond I know started reading OOT after I mentioned on e of the discussions going on here about sex. She thought the "are you gay if you give yourself head" discussion was hilarious...I don't think she'll be registering and dealing with "post ur pix" messages anytime soon tho...

somethingstupid
07-09-2005, 03:19 AM
Generally it is awesome.

Monkeyslacks
07-09-2005, 04:07 AM
Stick it in her pooper!

oneeye13
07-09-2005, 05:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he's right.

ZeeJustin
07-09-2005, 06:43 AM
I can't believe the negative responses. Friends with benefits are awesome. How can a fukcbuddy be a bad thing?

PooperGuy
07-09-2005, 06:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How can a fukcbuddy be a bad thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

When it is of the Big Steve variety?

oreogod
07-09-2005, 07:00 AM
How long has it been since uve been around some pussy? Cleary, she is a woman as she says.

Help (http://www.helpself.com/purity.htm)

mslif
07-09-2005, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe the negative responses. Friends with benefits are awesome. How can a fukcbuddy be a bad thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

as some of the posts suggested, it can ruin a friendship and lead to more problems and drama. Also there is the conflict of sex v. intimacy. What is the person looking for more, the sex or being close and intimate with someone?

goofball
07-09-2005, 01:57 PM
I must be the exception that proves the rule. My girlfriend and I were on and off friends with benefits for about 9 months before we became exclusive about 3 years ago.

NLSoldier
07-09-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

mslif
07-09-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I must be the exception that proves the rule. My girlfriend and I were on and off friends with benefits for about 9 months before we became exclusive about 3 years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's cool... But you definitely are the exception to the rule