PDA

View Full Version : SB defense turns into big pot.

sy_or_bust
07-04-2005, 02:41 PM
Button is a 20/15 TAG with Att. to steal of 30. Button is a 60/11/.6 loose passive. All streets are up for debate. How'd I do?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

Surfbullet
07-04-2005, 03:13 PM
I like the PF 3bet...I like to encourage TAGs who steal a relatively frequently to stay off my blinds, so I 3bet more and call less.

Button's flop raise could be a 6,9, or Q, or a big /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, or a PP 77/88 or even smaller maybe. TT or bigger caps you pf nearly always.

I like the turn c/r but I'd be tempted to Stop-N-go it instead to prevent the free card...You'd be hard-pressed to interpret a turn raise correctly though so I guess the c/r is good too.

I think we have a value bet on the river, it sure looks like BB is on a diamond draw but you never know when you've got one of these LP guys calling along with 33/images/graemlins/diamond.gif or something...I'd bet the river. You'll lose the TAG most times (though you could def get a call from a PP) but you'll get value out of the LP frequently.

Surf

Zele
07-04-2005, 03:21 PM
Bet the river. No reason to believe you're beat, and you can easily fold to a raise. Reasonable players will call with a lot you can beat, unreasonable ones with even more, so you have a big overlay on your action if called.

Rest of hand is great.

dave44
07-04-2005, 05:09 PM
I would definitely lead the turn. The 2nd queen makes it less likely he was raising the flop with top pair, so your hand is likely best at the moment. The 2nd queen also makes it more likely he was raising with a flush draw and will now take a free card against 3 opponents.