PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever tell players to buy in for more? (PLO8)

Cleveland Guy
07-04-2005, 02:38 PM
I don't know how much this applies to limit.

But If I am playing heads up at say a $50 or $100 table - will you make your opponent by in for more? or re-buy?

I was trying to start a new table this morning.

First guy sits with $7.50. I sit out and tell him I'm going to wait for others, or until he buys in for more.

Later another guy buys in, so I sit back in, the $7.50 guy busts out (Big Shock), and then I take a big hand from the other guy leaving him with only $4.50.

This is all at a $50 table. But I sit out again, and he asks where i'm going, and I just tell him I won't play him for $4.50, it's not worth my time.

Am I a rude piece of Sh*t for this?

Wintermute
07-04-2005, 02:44 PM
No, it's smart. If you can get a stubborn fool to rebuy for the max or at least a substantial amount, you have an advantage.
I frequently sit out when I can't manipulate the pot such that the other guy must make a tough post-flop decision.

autobet
07-04-2005, 06:42 PM
I think it's smart.

Why lay the guy 6-1? (or whatever)

I did that once and wont do it again.

Randy_Refeld
07-05-2005, 01:27 AM
There is a flip side to this. You might scare away someone that would have rebought after losing their stack.

JoshuaMayes
07-05-2005, 09:46 AM
I usually keep playing until I take it all. I get some kind of sick psychological pleasure from taking the last bit of change from someone. I once spent 45 minutes taking $4 from someone headsup at a PLO8 $100 table.