PDA

View Full Version : Move up??

login
07-04-2005, 02:25 PM
Hi, im new to this site ad fairly new to poker in general so bare with me guys! Basically i started out a month or so go with $20 playing 5 and 10 cent blinds just to see what the whole poke revolution was all about.Ive done OK i think, had a couple of ups and downs and my bankroll is up to $350 or so now (I know not much to a lot of you guys) and basically i was wondering what the general theory on staking plans for poker was as i sports bet too and staking plans with sports betting is possbly the most important thing to get right. Should i move up stakes? Any opinions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Guys!

meleader2
07-04-2005, 02:28 PM
20 buy ins is considered safe

Blackwolf
07-04-2005, 02:39 PM
If youre willing to move down in stakes u can do what other people do. 10 buy ins and loose enough u go down.

U start with 250 in 25NL. Building bankroll to 500 and switch to NL 50. Crap u had a bad week loosing 250 dollars o well back to 25NL.

I find 10 buy ins for me personally is the best /images/graemlins/smile.gif I have guidelines towork myself up that arent that distant and when I find myself loosing 3-4 buy ins I really get myself together and start playing better or pausing cause face it who REALLY wanna go down in limits after struggling so hard to get up.

But I would recommend 20 buy ins aswell though the fluctation doesnt hurt as much and u can concentrate on the long run alot better.

Good luck with anything u do!

Dragonlord
07-04-2005, 02:48 PM
Make sure you find the Erdrick's Sword and Erdrick's armour before fighting me.

login
07-04-2005, 02:48 PM
20X buy in it is! Thanks guys! really appreciate it!

theblitz
07-04-2005, 02:51 PM
One VERY important thing to remember is the money risked at a higher level.

You can, and will, lose a couple of buy-ins in a session. If losing $50 would be a real disaster then you will not play correctly.

You must be ready physcologically for this.

Remember, a $5 bet in $25 dollar table may sound a lot more than your $2 bet on a $10 table but it is the same. Unles you feel you could freely make these bets you should wait a bit.

login
07-04-2005, 03:44 PM
Yeah i see where u are coming from, thanks! Anymore comments would be welcomed too!