PDA

View Full Version : K 10 on the button preflop, trouble or value

Mike Gallo
02-07-2003, 12:51 PM
A recent poster inquired about how to play K 10 offsuit from the button with two limpers in front of him. He did not give a description of their play. He did not say the play of the blinds either. How the others play should factor into the decision making process.

A hand like K 10 offsuit holds value for players who play well post flop compared to the rest of the table. For some players K 10 can become a big loser, especially to someone who limped ahead with KQ or KJ. Other times K 10 will get paid off when the flop comes, and the other two players have a lower pocket pair ans are calling stations.

Some of the posters gave very good descriptions of how to play the hand in certain circumstances. Others advised to proceed with caution. Some said always raise. I think also think it depends on the

It depends on how I play compared to the rest of the table. If I have a limper in front of me who I know likes to limp in ep with a big pocket pair, I will fold or call and hope to flop top two. Players enjoy making the limp raise move in the $10-$20 game so a raise in that spot could have negative expectations.

If I have control over the table, I might raise there in an attempt to get it head to head and outplay my opponent from the flop on. One poster said he has raised a lot more in that spot lately. I believe it has to do with his superior playing abilities compared to that of his opponents.

Against some lineups in that spot I will raise every time. Against other lineups in that spot I would throw that same hand away every time.

Thats what makes poker such a challenge. So many different factors to consider That makes each hand have its's own set of values.