View Full Version : Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

raisethatmofo
07-04-2005, 12:17 PM

gorie
07-04-2005, 12:32 PM
wanna hump ?

tbach24
07-04-2005, 12:35 PM
There is no way you're 29 (if you really are TRP).

That said, I have two groups of friends. They are different but it keeps a balance in my life. In one group, I'm probably the smartest person, and in the other I'm easily the dumbest.

OtisTheMarsupial
07-04-2005, 12:45 PM
You may be growing apart, but it's good to keep ties to your past. It takes a long long time to make a good friend and I wouldn't throw away a friendship just because your tastes are changing. I say this because I have often done just that. For whatever reason I just up and left my friends, usually without explanation. Granted, I had good reasons, but still I wish I still had some of my friends from when I was 17. They're like family - they've seen you change and grow and probably still care about you. So what if you don't like the same movies or drugs, find one or two things you like to do together and just do that. It's OK to drift apart. Just do't drift away unless you have a really good reason.

raisethatmofo
07-04-2005, 12:51 PM

PeeWeeH
07-04-2005, 01:21 PM
I would make sure you are capable of getting some new friends before you trash the old ones. You sound like a nit.

PeeWee

raisethatmofo
07-04-2005, 01:29 PM

touchfaith
07-04-2005, 01:36 PM
You need to smoke some P.O.T. and lighten-up.

I think it is your "friends" that need the replacement.

And oh yeah, by the way, I haven't had anti-virus software running on any of my home PC's for 3 years. Learn where/what/when to click on things and you do not need to worry about viruses.

Towelie
07-04-2005, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You need to smoke some P.O.T. and lighten-up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word.

You wanna get high?

gorie
07-04-2005, 01:41 PM
hm try to make new friends but keep the old ones too just hang out with them less if they bug you. growing apart from friends sucks, but i agree with otis that you should try to stay friends with them because you've known each other so long.

in fact maybe you should try to get your friend that you still like to straighten his life up a bit if its as bad as you think. it's probably all he knows anymore and in denial of growing up.

plus i've learned you can't expect too much from people if you want to keep friends. (that's why i have none. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

eastbay
07-04-2005, 01:53 PM
Don't sleepwalk through life out of old habits, especially if it consists mainly of drinking, smoking, and watching TV with people you don't really respect.

eastbay

OtisTheMarsupial
07-04-2005, 02:01 PM
Let me clarify.

I think you should make MORE friends, not NEW friends.

Don't ditch the old friends. Just hang out with them less often. Try to get the one that you like to hang out with you away from the others everey now and then. Just hang out with him alone or with new friends. Or when you go over to the old friend's house, stay for a shorter period of time.

I know EXACTLY what you mean about all your friends being pot-heads. You feel like you need more focus and more substance in life. Sure. But pot-heads are not child molesters. Don't treat them like scum. Just hang out with them a little less often.

OK, rant over.

mslif
07-04-2005, 02:41 PM
I definitely think you should try to meet people that are able to stimulate you intellectually. It does not mean that you should forget about them either. Just go out and meet people. I am sure there is someone on this board from your town. Try to hook up with them. At least you will know that you have something in common.

Sephus
07-04-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I sound like a nit ?

Well F U C K Y O U

[/ QUOTE ]

so you are theredpill.

jackdaniels
07-04-2005, 03:02 PM
All your friends do is stay home, smoke weed and watch TV all day? I have the perfect solution for you. My friends are mostly overachievers, do well in their careers and lead productive lives. Not a single one of them smokes weed anymore (all quit as they became "adults").

What do you say we trade? (also append a picture of your girlfriend/wife - we may be able to discuss a package deal if needed).

Brian
07-04-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He said that my antivirus program was a complete scam and that all the warnings that I get on a weekly basis was Norton's way of getting me by the balls and keeping me around for another yearly subscription. I found it kind of unbelievable, really and he actually scared me that he would believe this. I think he may be smoking too much weed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never touched a drug in my life, and I have suspicions of the exact same thing. I do own a copy of NAV anyways, though. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Brian