PDA

View Full Version : Confidence, define it and how does one get it.

MelchyBeau
07-04-2005, 12:03 PM
I've always heard confidence is the key to attracting women, but noone can tell me what it is nor how to get it.

Melch

bisonbison
07-04-2005, 12:12 PM
Confidence: the belief that you have something worthwhile to offer.

Have something worthwhile to offer.

Arnfinn Madsen
07-04-2005, 12:48 PM
I think there is no magic formula to getting it. Repeating to yourself what you are good at or doing something you are good at might help.

BeerMoney
07-04-2005, 12:50 PM
Confidence is having a Huge Dick.

zoomOut
07-04-2005, 01:10 PM
I don't even have one of those and I'm confident. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Confidence internal peace where you no longer hate yourself, nor are you frustrated with yourself. You finally stop wondering how you’re coming across to others or if everyone in the room is watching you. You sincerely find value in getting to know others but not on a superficial level. You learn to laugh at your own looks and character flaws.

How to get it? It’s a process that has to evolve. If you’re shy or unsure of yourself around girls it’s not going to just happen overnight. Stop being paranoid. You are incredibly important and unique and there will be more than one girl out there who will be thrilled to have you enter her life, you just have to relax and start chatting them up. The key is to make the effort to talk to as many girls as you can. Ask them about themselves. A great sense of humor is a bonus.

Like the others said: Find a few things you are really good at that make you happy, whether it’s learning to play the guitar, basketball, video games, whatever. Remind yourself over and over to put your life in perspective. (See News, Views, and Gossip if you want something that will put your troubles into perspective.) Life can be a kick in the butt but it can also be very rewarding if you humble yourself.

PeeWeeH
07-04-2005, 01:14 PM
http://www.online-sex-shop.co.uk/images/penis-pump.jpg

This might help.

PeeWee

fluxrad
07-04-2005, 01:19 PM
1. Watch the Tao Of Steve.
2. ...
3. Profit.

edtost
07-04-2005, 01:21 PM
There's an important phrase that we use here and I think it's time you all learned it. "Act as if". Do you understand what that means? Act as if you are the [censored] president of this firm. Act as if you have a nine inch cock. Act as if.

Yeti
07-04-2005, 01:23 PM
edtost - fu for beating me to posting that.

JMP300z
07-04-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. Watch the Tao Of Steve.
2. ...
3. Profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great Movie.

Confidence....in regards to conversations and meeting people just means living in the moment. Be interested...be intersting. Don't worry if you say something dumb...laugh it off. If you truly have good intentions and care for your friends, people will pick up on that and be naturally drawn to you. Don't try to be funny, just let it come.

My best advice would be take a job or something that forces you to talk to people you dont know.

Specifically waiting tables is great. You have to approach large groups of people, project yourself confidently, sell something and be personable. Telling jokes and laughing with the guests will come quickly. If the place is busy then you can quickly just get caught up in the flow of things and completely loose yourself in all the conversations and tasks you have at hand.
Additionally, youll be working with lots of young outgoing people and make some great friends.

-JP

Mayhap
07-04-2005, 01:40 PM
Eat spinach.

fluxrad
07-04-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Specifically waiting tables is great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus man. Your post makes me almost want to wait tables.

MelchyBeau
07-04-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Specifically waiting tables is great.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the advice, but I don't think I'll be throwing away my engineering job to wait tables.

Melch

JMP300z
07-04-2005, 01:55 PM
Its pretty fun in the right environment. The staff gets lots of good inside jokes going and stuff. Plus, at the right place you make lots of cash and flirt with lots of girls each night. When I used to wait tables I would be in shock going to the bank w/ like 2k in cash. Since I started playing poker, though I look back at that and laugh...

There is a downside. One its tiring as hell. Two theres not much room for advancement except to bar staff. As good a friends as you make, theres lots of staff turn over and the more experienced servers follow around to each new hotspot restaurant as it opens. Also the hours are pretty grueling sometimes. And depending on where you work, you might get lots of bitch work.

Honestly though, you dont have to quit your job to wait tables, you can do it part time a few nights a week. It might be hard at first to get the good shifts but after a while you just have to speak up and get the weekend nights.

-JP

MagicAntonio
07-04-2005, 02:01 PM
It's like this dude: success with the ladies is all about the perfect pick up line.

First a little human nature: There's nothing in this world that anyone likes to talk about more than they like to talk about themselves. So whatever line you use, make it a question about her. But steer away from the boring or clichéd ones: "Where do you work?" "Do you come here often?" "What's a nice girl like you doing in a place like this?" There's a better approach, and one that'll not only kick open the door of conversation but cast you in a favorable light, too.

Ask her something like, "What do you do that you like?" This immediately gets her talking about something that gets her excited, and it also makes it clear to her that you're not the usual unimaginative troll she's used to running into. For even more finesse, try, "What puts a light in your eye?" This tells her you've got romance in your soul, not ever a bad thing. To take a more intellectual/philosophical approach, ask, "What's the most important thing you know?" or "What do you believe in?" That shows her you're deep, and gives her a chance to get deep right along with you.

-Antonio, President of Rocks & Rings
www.magicantonio.com (http://www.magicantonio.com/)

Duke
07-04-2005, 02:05 PM
This gimmick account has much promise.

~D

PoBoy321
07-04-2005, 02:07 PM
The key to having confidence is believing that you're better than everyone you ever come in contact with.

Popinjay
07-04-2005, 02:12 PM
Listen to Clubbed To Death from the Matrix Soundtrack every morning very loud.

OtisTheMarsupial
07-04-2005, 02:32 PM
If you can't figure it out yourself, do this:
Determine who's really got it and emulate that person.
Act as if until it becomes true. It will become true.