PDA

View Full Version : How often do you limp raise?

DMACM
07-04-2005, 10:06 AM
In SSNL how often do you limp raise with AA? KK?

Do you do it only under certain circumstances such as someone raising 25% of hands preflop?

I used to think the limp raise was an acceptable way to play AA or KK, but is this considered weak in SSNL?

Nathan183
07-04-2005, 10:14 AM
I only do it when there is a complete maniac behind me, who is raising/pushing almost every hand. I don't want to play these hands in an unraised pot. Also, with a limp raise, you might as well just flip your cards face up. Any somewhat observant player will notice. Unless you do this with a wide variety of hands, a limp raise with AA or KK gives too much away.

PokerCat69
07-04-2005, 01:30 PM
Sometimes, but only if specific table conditions warrent this play. ie: ultra tight/loose.

On your average table I simply raise.

Triumph36
07-04-2005, 03:25 PM
One of my biggest leaks is getting tricky with limp-reraises out of the SB. I think at a loose full table it's an acceptable way to play AA or KK, even if you are turning your cards face up, playing it against five or six people out of position is not really what you want to be doing.

I will occasionally limp-reraise from any position if there is someone who loves to raise when it's limped to his BB, but these players are much more common in short handed.

cfb1739
07-04-2005, 03:45 PM
I think it's conditional. If you have some very loose aggressive players behind you, then try it occasionally. Don't play AA/KK like this very often.

empty
07-04-2005, 05:07 PM
Personally, I never limp raise AA/KK in SSNL. I like to set up an aggressive image by raising preflop and betting alot of the flops. This helps alot to get paid with these hands.

Malachii
07-04-2005, 07:19 PM
Honestly, I dislike the whole concept of limp/reraising, especially with deep stacks. It basically tells everybody what you have (AA-QQ and MAYBE AK), and you're out of position with a hand that's very difficult to play out of position postflop. Simply raising 3x the BB is better imo.

pmuir10
07-05-2005, 03:51 AM
almost never

ijustliketoplay
07-05-2005, 05:09 AM
Very rarely limp raise for reasons already outlined i.e it telegraphs your hand. But in the right situation i do like to throw in the odd limp call now and again, just to keep people guessing.

fuzzbox
07-05-2005, 05:46 AM
I would limp reraise fairly often on a full table with the big pairs. I limp a lot UTG, and I have been known to limp-reraise with less than AA/KK.

I think raising a small amount up front with these pairs on a full table can be an absolutely horrible proposition.

Limp-reraise is nice because it traps some money in the pot - and I dont care if it turns my hand face up, because I am raising so much that nobody has odds to chase. Also - I can get donks calling me with crap hands.

I also limp call the odd time - for example if its folded to button who raises.

I try it the very odd time in 6-max play - but it doesnt work out so well there - as there arent enough players to be sure, often enough, that there will be a raise.

If I limp it and get 5 callers - I play it really carefully after the flop - and dont go broke with it.

fimbulwinter
07-05-2005, 05:48 AM
live: often
online: rarely/never

because you can't look left online

fim