PDA

View Full Version : FS ... HP Mac or Gateway PC! (+ Edit by MH)

sweete
07-04-2005, 08:43 AM
Free HP Mac or Gateway PC!

Edit by MH:

I followed one of these daily spam links and found this contact (http://www.metareward.com/mr/Page?p=su_question&ci=30045) page for the business being spammed

I sent them the following note:

"Every day one of your members spams the forums at twoplustwo.com. All his spam posts (about 14 per day) are deleted as soon as possible and all the forum participants join in a "game" to be the first to inform the Moderators that he is spamming again that day. Kindly ban this user for breaking your T&C. One of today's links was metareward.com/...=35746 so this will tell you who the spammer bringing your name into disrepute is."

After I sent the note I received an "Error in Sending" message.

So I sent it again.

And again.

And again.

When I gave up trying, I went to my e-mail inbox and there were about twelve Receipts of Message from the business - so the Error Message wasn't quite right. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I hope I didn't cause the business any hassle, because no doubt they will have to check all of my twelve Messages, manually. However, it made me think that at least they will find out what it's like to receive unwanted "spam".

I hope that there aren't dozens of other people here who have done the same thing, or they will be spending all day opening our e-mails.