PDA

View Full Version : HH Review Q 3

Olback
07-04-2005, 08:25 AM
Another 1. $27 turbo again

I folded this becuase i did not want to gamble against another big stack and UTG. UTG was shortish and i did not seen him folding after calling 600. Was i way to tight here?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t2325)
Hero (t4265)
UTG (t2430)
MP (t1515)
Button (t2965)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls t600, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t2965</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: t3765

SumZero
07-04-2005, 11:48 AM
I'd move all-in here. You have a biggish stack and if you win you'll have a dominant stack. If you lose you'll be short stacked. But I think with the dead money in the pot and the range of hands that the player might have you should call. If you give him a range of pairs 77+, any suited broadway, A9s, AT-AKo, and KQ then you win 58.5% of the time (And you are only risking 2365 to win 3865 more which means you only need to win 38% of the time for it to be +CEV). Even if you tighten up the range to something like 99+, AK, AQ, AJs you still win 49.5+% of the time.

Olback
07-04-2005, 10:29 PM
Anyone else have any opinions on this?

ChoicestHops
07-04-2005, 10:57 PM
Isolate with an all-in, and pick up the pot.

Olback
07-04-2005, 11:01 PM
1 guy was already all in. I would have to take on at least 1 person and possibly 2. Is it worth risking losing and being crippled when i have a huge stack and can steal at ease in other future hands?

ChoicestHops
07-04-2005, 11:06 PM
Im saying isolate the UTG so it's between you and the button. Hopefully UTG wasn't trying to trap you by limping in.

Every time the blinds hit you, you're losing 900, or more if there's an ante (I think Star's ante is 25 at 600). You have a big stack, but people are getting desperate. What if you go card dead in the next 4 orbits? That's only 20 or something hands.

Would you all-in or call with QQ?

Olback
07-04-2005, 11:11 PM
UTG limp was what concerned me. I figured this limp showed alot of strength (i was wrong as he later folded). I was worried he had QQ or above.

With QQ i would call and hope they both had an ace. I did not like a,k as much as if i was up against say a,k vs a,q vs q,q i was not in good shape.

ChoicestHops
07-04-2005, 11:15 PM
I have folded AK in a situation like this before, mainly because I was in the middle and didn't know what the person after me would do. It was also somewhat a read dependent situation.

I have lost plenty of times because I was too scared to use my big stack on the bubble with premium hands at high blind levels. If the blinds were lower, then I could have an arguement for folding. But this tournament is already a craps shoot, and it's about to get really worse if people survive to the next level.

[ QUOTE ]
I did not like a,k as much as if i was up against say a,k vs a,q vs q,q i was not in good shape

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take the odds that not all of you hold these premium hands this late in the tournament.

Anyone feel free to correct me.

Olback
07-04-2005, 11:25 PM
Well as mentioned before i folded as did UTG so i did not see any hands.

I think you are right though, that i have to be more aggresive in these situations and i should reraised all in preflop.

If i was the 1st to act after UTG i would have raised all in or if i would have been headsup.

I also think it was very weak to fold when in the BB which was 600 chips.

Thanks for helping me see the light, so to speak.