PDA

View Full Version : Fold AA on the river to a loose/passive?

marand
07-04-2005, 07:11 AM
Villian is very loose and very passive. (50/8/0.5 after 100 hands)
I have not seen him get out of line, but maybe I haven't been paying enough attention /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (8.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

Obviously only the river is interesting.
The river is just terrible, both a flush and straight just got there.

Can you find a fold against a loose/passive here?
(I obviously couldn't bring myself to do it.)

bds
07-04-2005, 01:54 PM
I couldn't find a fold their either. Often you lose; but often enough even a loose passive has bet the river because he has one pair. Philosophy seems to be to bet it out when a scare card comes because you won't likely raise and they would call your bet anyway. I've tried this out myself a number of times and it's pretty effective in this spot. So, I call and expect to lose often but not often enough to make a fold right.