PDA

View Full Version : How are Bodogs SNGS

redsoxsox
07-04-2005, 04:33 AM
How are the SNGS at BOdog compared to Pokerstars. Anyone at 2 +2 actually play there?

Big Limpin'
07-04-2005, 01:39 PM
bump

11t
07-04-2005, 01:46 PM
IMO Bodog is the worst poker site I have played on, although absolute's laggy software is a very close 2nd.

The field that I played thru was quite weak, a lot of players thinking they are amazing so you see a lot stupid bluffs and crazy calls.

The blind structure is quite similar on Full Tilt if you have ever played there. 1500 chips, and there are more levels than on PS (30/60 and 40/80 if I recall, I think there might be a 150/300 as well)

They do have a "bottomless bonus" which is pretty easy to clear though if you feel like whoring

johnd13
07-04-2005, 01:47 PM
Nice misinformation there....

11t
07-04-2005, 02:01 PM
About what?

Benholio
07-04-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
IMO Bodog is the worst poker site I have played on, although absolute's laggy software is a very close 2nd.

[/ QUOTE ]

You start by saying Bodog is the "worst", then go on to say:

[ QUOTE ]
The field that I played thru was quite weak, a lot of players thinking they are amazing so you see a lot stupid bluffs and crazy calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you are talking about two separate things, but what do you mean by worst site? Bad software? Bad games?

My review is this:

Software: Not terrible, major gripe is that you can only play 3 tables. Minor things: having to unhide the lobby after each table you open, seems to be java based (so performance more dependant on other stuff you are running).

SNGs:
Games are pretty good, but don't run constantly during non-peak hours. You run into the occasional 2+2 type bonus whore, but the Bodog regulars aren't too much to worry about. There seems to be a good bit of regulars who are on Bodog for the sportsbetting, and also play poker. They are probably better at sportsbetting.
You start with 1500 chips and there are a few extra blind levels compared to Stars (or Party, of course). However, the levels are all 10-hands per and not timed, at least.
Bonus: As long as you are under a bonus, SNGs have a 10% overlay (instead of -10%). (this is true for HU and MTTs, too)

Zoelef
07-04-2005, 03:08 PM
Even with the 200%+time bonus, it still takes forever to clear a bonus if you only play $5.50 SNG's. I've seen some spectacularly donkish plays in the early rounds at the 5.50's, but that's about it. Keep in mind it's a 3-table max.

Blinds to my memory are:
5/10
10/20
15/30
30/60
50/100
100/200
150/300
250/500
400/800

That's all I've got.

Scuba Chuck
07-04-2005, 03:14 PM
Stay off my tables!

Oh, and they start with t1000 not t1500.

11t
07-04-2005, 03:19 PM
What I meant by "the worst" is I dislike their software. I have poor vision as well and it (this is going to sound ridiculous) is hard to tell the difference between clubs and spades at times. Also I find it to be very aesthetically unappealing but that is a moot point.

I may be incorrect about something though, I think the tournaments start with 1000 chips and have a different blind structure than what I posted. I haven't played there in several months.

ChoicestHops
07-04-2005, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What I meant by "the worst" is I dislike their software. I have poor vision as well and it (this is going to sound ridiculous) is hard to tell the difference between clubs and spades at times

[/ QUOTE ]

Turn on 4 color deck.

A_Junglen
07-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Personally I like bodog's color scheme..looks more elegant as opposed to the eye-rape that is PP.

Isura
07-04-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Personally I like bodog's color scheme..looks more elegant as opposed to the eye-rape that is PP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a Party table mod noob. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

johnd13
07-04-2005, 06:15 PM
How can people play there and not know how many chips you start out with /images/graemlins/crazy.gif.....Big difference in starting with T1000 vs T1500

johnd13
07-04-2005, 06:16 PM
I do agree on the software aspect. I also get a lot more disconnects there than at PP or PS

cow_phunk
07-05-2005, 01:33 PM
i'm a regular $10+1 and $20+2 over there. it is tough to get tables at non-peak times, especially over $20. you start w/ t1000 and blinds go up every ten hands. at the lower levels i notice even looser play than most. this could be attributed to a lot of folks saying that bodog's card generator is the worst, or most obviously purposely flawed, in the business.

there's money to be made there, just like everywhere else. 3 tables is extremely limiting though. i've been in contact to try and get that changed, which will most likely happen if they see increased play, which they'll probably have to in order to stay in business.

let's have a bodog regulars check-in here w/ s/n's. whaddya say? me, same name.

augie00
07-05-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How are the SNGS at BOdog

[/ QUOTE ]

Just as crappy as everything else at BOdog.

CheeseBeger
08-02-2005, 10:49 PM
I like bodogs software. I usually 3-table $20 SNGS and I have been very successfull at them. I do also believe many of the sports betting people come to play poker, and therefore there are some weak players which = good chance at making money.

The software is fast and pretty reliable.

SNGS you start with 1000 chips so I'm guessing the guys who gave negative reviews didnt really play there too much....

I really like bodog, but since it is a relativly new site ( December 04 I believe) there isnt a huge ammount of players. Thats realistically the only big problem.

I personally don't have eye problems so I am more likely to enjoy the site....

Me and my friends at college all play at bodog and I'd recommend it to anyone. They have been constantly improving the site too.

bones
08-02-2005, 10:55 PM
Just started there today and it's a bit disconcerting. I'm currently looking at 3 amounts that could be my balance.

The games seem pretty soft, and there are some huge overlays in the multis.

Oh yeah, they take forever. I started playing the turbos because I figured I was better at push/fold situations than the avg bodog player.

lorinda
08-02-2005, 11:28 PM
The $5 SNGs at Bodog were the tightest (don't read that to mean most skilled) that I have ever played in. Not a whole deal of fun.

Lori

cow_phunk
08-03-2005, 12:15 AM
bodogger here. been 3-tabling over there for a few mos, 11s and 22s, and have run at a pretty good clip over the course of about 500 tourneys. problem is lack of games at off-peak times and i've run into some collusion troubles. this i think is do to the fact that the tournies are going off at a slower rate, allowing friends to join the same room. if i sit in a room and there's already 3 sitting right next to each other, no one else, i just close the room at this point. other than that no problems.

excellent customer service and adding new features all the time. i've made some suggestions that apparently they're working on getting in the next release. sng histories on the way. same players as everywhere else, don't let anyone tell ya any different.