PDA

View Full Version : Value bet the river??

akvsaq
07-04-2005, 03:19 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

I bet the turn despite the A but a lot of people called. This is a loosey-goosey game with people calling everything. The question is should I have bet the river for value? If I checked (as I did), I'm going to have to call the river bet b/c it was huge by that point so should I have bet the river, folding to a raise? These people are capable of calling w/ hands that don't have a prayer.

eric5148
07-04-2005, 03:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
should I have bet the river, folding to a raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they'll call with any pair, it has value.

Justin A
07-04-2005, 03:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If I checked (as I did), I'm going to have to call the river bet b/c it was huge by that point

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
These people are capable of calling w/ hands that don't have a prayer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you already know what you should have done.

pokergrader
07-04-2005, 03:28 AM
Im checking this without any reads, but if you think they are calling with anything then bet it out. Its marginal but based on your description it is probably +EV.

TRWIII
07-04-2005, 03:32 AM
Againts good players Im likely checking behind, but with your reads, Im firing and folding to a raise.

TRWIII