PDA

View Full Version : Why is there a live announcer on PSI?

detroitplayer
07-04-2005, 03:04 AM
Is there a live audience there I've never noticed? If not, wtf is that dude doing?

Niediam
07-04-2005, 03:20 AM
There was an audience.

detroitplayer
07-04-2005, 08:30 PM
I am watching it right now. I see the announcer, and I do not see an audience. I do not hear applause either.

Seriously. This is freaking me out.

grass
07-04-2005, 09:55 PM
dewey tomko has a hearing problem.

detroitplayer
07-05-2005, 12:19 AM
!!!!!

yimyammer
07-05-2005, 12:59 AM
what is psi?

Quake1028
07-05-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what is psi?

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker Superstars Invitational (II).

Niediam
07-05-2005, 04:48 AM
I am talking about the first one... I have never seen an audience in II.

Quake1028
07-05-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am talking about the first one... I have never seen an audience in II.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is an announcer on part II also, and last episode Moneymaker looked to be talking to someone in the area a crowd would be sitting, but you still don't hear any cheers or anything like that.

detroitplayer
07-06-2005, 12:49 AM
Yes, PSI (II).

I had my eyes glued to that show for 3 episodes just praying for even the slightest semblance of a crowd. No dice. This is really bothering me.

Needle77
07-06-2005, 02:09 AM
Let's look at this realisticly. Would they pay a guy just to stand around and talk to nobody? There has to be an audience. I mean...unless paying people that are useless is the thing in now.

detroitplayer
07-06-2005, 04:14 AM
I've thought long and hard about this.

The only idea I came up with is that... they are doing the commentary during the taping... and the guy with the mic was relaying exact bet sizes and chip counts over to the color guys who may not get be able to get accurate reads by seeing the action via the cameras.

I am confident enough to put money on the fact that there is no audience. I had the volume blaring and didn't hear a single clap.

GrannyMae
07-06-2005, 06:01 AM
Much easier to film with no audience. cuts down on time a ton. low time = low $

however, some people here seem to be one's that inspired canned laugh/clap track. it is "weird" for some people to go from an applause track to none (and vice versa). i think some people would be surprised with what is taped and live and audience etc. you can buy a track of audience noises that run the gamut for peanuts compared to having a live audience. the lines are blur as it is imo because they can soon buy 'vitual' extras that will look perfect in context. won't be long for a fully a/v functional, virtual vvp.

PRE-SUBMIT BUTTON edit
======================
jeez, what a worthless post this was/is(saw on preview), but it had too many letters to delete. and anyway, I understood it, so it stays!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif