PDA

View Full Version : Help with shorthanded postflop play

swiftrhett
07-04-2005, 02:48 AM
I think i'm losing ev at sngs with 4-2 left in postflop play. Any suggestion what I should read?

11t
07-04-2005, 02:49 AM
You should probably be pushing preflop /images/graemlins/blush.gif

That is unless you are playing 1500 chip 10 minute lvl SNG's where I suggest you practice 25 6 max ring games.

ChuckNorris
07-04-2005, 02:58 AM
I suggest you to read your hand histories and try to analyze your postflop play as thoroughly as possible. Put your self in your opponents shoes and try putting them on hand ranges. After that you can apply tournament theory like ICM in many situations. After that, post your thoughts here.

I haven't read that many poker books, if you're looking for that kinda reading. I just read Tournament Poker For Advanced Players by Sklansky, and I don't think I learned just about anything. The hand quizzes were fun to do but all the theory was familiar from reading this forum. Theory Of Poker is worthwile reading, but it's not that practical or helpful to specific situations.

You can't really learn that much (beyond the basic ABC) from books, I believe. You'll learn to know your opponents by experience and to spot your leaks by analyzing your own play afterwards.