PDA

View Full Version : Auto-raise and blind defense

IGMorton
07-04-2005, 02:28 AM
It seems to me at the 3/6 level... many players don't wait till their turn to make a bet / call / fold decision. I would guess that 60% of the players use "raise any" / "call any bet" buttons even in late position.

So the question is... if i see someone on the button or SB who's response is faster than any human could reasonably make a decision, how much do i tighten up in my blind defense?

I only use the auto-raise button with premium hands when i'm playing 3 tables and occupied at others. If many tight agressives do this while multitasking... or loose lags do it all the time... i'm gonna start folding all my marginal blind defense hands to this pattern.

pokergrader
07-04-2005, 03:36 AM
PS: Dont use the raise any button, its a huge tell to the rest of the table.

kiddo
07-04-2005, 03:38 AM
It tells us what?

IGMorton
07-04-2005, 04:12 AM
i'm only using the "autoraise button" with hands that i feel i can raise most of the time. be honest here... how can anyone 3 or 4 table without needing these crutches occasionaly?

eg: if i hold one of the hands below, but i need to pay attention to another table.... i click auto-raise with all the hands below from any position assuming table conditions indicate i won't see more than 2 raises in front of me.

AA-TT
AK, AQ

and often after EP guys folded and i think there's a good chance i'll only see 1 raise in front of me (again, assume i'm busy at another table) i auto-raise:

AA-99
AK, AQ, AJs, KQs, ATs, KJs

IGMorton
07-07-2005, 02:46 PM
anyone feel like an insta-matic raise from the button or cut-off is less likely to be a blind steal?