PDA

View Full Version : Huge Problem with Pacific

TheProdigy
07-04-2005, 12:52 AM
Hello,

I have played on Pacific as a minor(16) and have a big problem...I registered under my step-dad's name, but made a bad mistake by asking to have it changed to my name. Well, after a bunch of talking, they want me to verify my name and details by making a copy of my ID and also a copy of a bank statement showing my name. Since I am underage, what can I do now? They said they will not continue letting me take out my funds until they verify my name...My main question is 1) Can I get around this? and 2) If not, can I just tell them the truth about my age, and then take all my money out and quit, or will they take my money?

part of the message;
Thank you for your prompt response XXXXX. In light of your explanation
we will have your current cash out request ($XXXX) processed, and paid
out via Bank Draft as per your request. However, please be advised that
subsequent to this, no further transactions will be processed until we
are able to verify the account.

We will need copies of the following documents in order to do so.

- Copy of your photo ID (passport or driver's license)
- Copy of a recent (no older than 4 months) utility bill or bank
statement showing your name, and address as registered on your Pacific
Poker account.

What can I do to atleast get my money? If at all possible continue playing as well?

[censored]
07-04-2005, 01:42 AM
Dude I think you're [censored]. How much money are we talking about here.

Which information are they wanting yours or your step dad's?

I would try and send in your step dads and keep the account under his name as I am not sure what they will do when it is confirmed you are a minor.

TheProdigy
07-04-2005, 01:46 AM
[censored]!

Uhmm, they want mine, and we are talking about 1,000...

phish
07-04-2005, 01:51 AM
Have a friend (of proper age) open an account. And then just transfer your money to him. Do it a bit at a time so they don't get suspicious. (Hope when they said you can't take money out, that didn't include transferring to another player.)

Dov
07-04-2005, 01:54 AM
If you are totally screwed, you could try dumping the chips to your friend...

[censored]
07-04-2005, 04:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[censored]!

Uhmm, they want mine, and we are talking about 1,000...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know man. My gut says to just call them and explain that your step dad opened the account and let you play under it. Tell them you however are a minor and ask if they still want you ID info of if you should leave it under you step dad's name.

However this does involve some risk.

The thing is that they are not really constrained by any age laws only their own rules so they may let you slide. You really haven't done anything that would piss them off and I would say keep it that way.

Trying to sneak it out through transfers or chip dumping could trigger the hammer and result in losing the money when you didnt need to.

TheProdigy
07-04-2005, 04:47 AM
What do you mean they aren't constrained by any age laws? Is it not illegal to play at any certain age on these sites? I have been trying to find their terms and conditions, so I can read them all(they cited them when saying I cannot sign up under another's name)...anyone know where to find them?

[censored]
07-04-2005, 04:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you mean they aren't constrained by any age laws? Is it not illegal to play at any certain age on these sites? I have been trying to find their terms and conditions, so I can read them all(they cited them when saying I cannot sign up under another's name)...anyone know where to find them?

[/ QUOTE ]

They can't and do not operate out of the US, therefore they cannot be constrained by US law. I believe though that most have age restrictions.

To be clear dude, there is a chance that you could lose all of your money here.

That being said I still think going the honest as possible route mixed in with some pleading ignorance is best.

phish
07-04-2005, 05:07 AM
I think it would be real slimy of of any poker room to use the excuse of underage gambling to steal your money. After all, if you had lost, would they have said you weren't suppose to have played here and here's your money back? Barring him from the site is fine. But they should release his money first.

skoal2k4
07-04-2005, 06:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it would be real slimy of of any poker room to use the excuse of underage gambling to steal your money. After all, if you had lost, would they have said you weren't suppose to have played here and here's your money back? Barring him from the site is fine. But they should release his money first.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a crappy thing to say... but why should they do anything? OP is the one who knowingly went against terms and conditions of the site. OP falsly indicated that he was of legal playing age for the site.

wheelz
07-04-2005, 07:05 AM
From what I've seen happen on another site, I'm pretty sure they're keeping your money if you don't send them what they asked for. I don't know if there's much you can do about it. I would definitely try sending them your stepdad's info.

I think they'll let you keep playing though, so if that doesn't work, dumping your money to someone else might be a good idea...

jman220
07-04-2005, 11:43 AM
You've gotta get your stepdad involved, and you've gotta steer it away from the whole underage thing. Just have the stepdad say, my kid was playing on my account, but I've stopped him now, here is my info. You can even have your stepdad say you were playing without his permission, make it seem like the stepdad was the victim of you stealing his password, that will make it less likely that they keep his money IMO. If you send in your stuff, and you are underage, your money is almost surely forfeit. No offense, but trying to transfer it into your name when you are underage and have that much money on there was really dumb.

GuyOnTilt
07-04-2005, 11:53 AM
Hypothetically, had I been asked to send in ID verification for large withdrawls on an account under a false name and address twice in the past, I would have used Photoshop and it would've worked out fine for me both times.

GoT

lozen
07-04-2005, 01:11 PM
First send stepdads info nothing else. See what that yields you. After that have him phone and ask waht he must do. Why start off with telling them your underage. If that does not work I would loose my money off to a friend.

jman220
07-04-2005, 01:13 PM
Just be careful how you do this, pacific is very good at catching chip dumping, and will freeze both suspected accounts.

autobet
07-04-2005, 01:25 PM
Yes, I'm sure your account has been flagged.

You'll need to get your stepdad's info or photoshop.

Greg J
07-04-2005, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You've gotta get your stepdad involved, and you've gotta steer it away from the whole underage thing. Just have the stepdad say, my kid was playing on my account, but I've stopped him now, here is my info. You can even have your stepdad say you were playing without his permission, make it seem like the stepdad was the victim of you stealing his password, that will make it less likely that they keep his money IMO. If you send in your stuff, and you are underage, your money is almost surely forfeit. No offense, but trying to transfer it into your name when you are underage and have that much money on there was really dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]
This was the advice I was going to give, pretty much to the letter. Have yr stepdad tell Pacific you were a naughty naughty boy, and this is HIS account, and you were trying to steal his account b/c he took away yr PSP. Tell him to thank Pacific for being so thorough in thier security precedures, but after a good ole fashioned trip to the woodshed he has the situation under control.

I think this might actually work.

Yeah, you made a 16 year old blunder. Life is like poker, and everything else: you learn by screwing up, so don't feel too bad. Just learn from this experience.

Runner Runner
07-04-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tell him to thank Pacific for being so thorough in thier security precedures, but after a good ole fashioned trip to the woodshed he has the situation under control.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO!!

I agree with this poster and the previous poster. This story gives you the best shot of not losing your money. Lose the woodshed part though.
/images/graemlins/tongue.gif