PDA

View Full Version : 66, what do you do?

Willluck
07-04-2005, 12:27 AM
Sorry, no reads.
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero...???

adamstewart
07-04-2005, 12:29 AM
Generally, check-fold.

You have very little equity against anyone willing to bet this flop... and the equity that you have decreases with each subsequent caller.

Edit: If it got checked around to the last player, who bets... then SB folds.... I may consider raising.

Adam

bds
07-04-2005, 02:22 PM
I bet this every time, thinking I likely have the best hand. I continue to bet it as long as the 4th diamond does not show up.

adamstewart
07-04-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet this every time, thinking I likely have the best hand. I continue to bet it as long as the 4th diamond does not show up.

[/ QUOTE ]

While this may be true, I'd like to see how the action develops behind me, before I commit to anything here.

Adam

Willluck
07-04-2005, 05:08 PM
If I had the 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif does that change my action in any way?

StellarWind
07-04-2005, 06:34 PM
Automatic flop bet. I have a likely best hand and a modest draw. This is about the worst hand in the world to give a free card with. People aren't very likely to bet this flop for you when you have the best hand unless they have a big diamond. You also have a ton of fold equity against hands that should chase you like small singleton diamonds and junky overcards.

Obviously the 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in pocket would be a big upgrade, but the cards you have are good enough to play. More often than not this pot will not end in a flush, especially if you bet now. If you force small and medium diamonds to guess whether they are drawing live or dead you will cause huge Sklansky mistakes as you either charge two players for the same flush draw or KO the only diamond still in play.

One thing I would never do is check this type of hand with the intention of calling or raising. There is an enormous advantage to seizing the inititive here. If it isn't worth betting it certainly isn't worth answering a bet.

adamstewart
07-04-2005, 11:32 PM
Ya, I change my mind. Bet the flop.... play very cautiously though.

Adam

Mig
07-04-2005, 11:53 PM
That's really not the kind of boar I like for my 66 here. You are drawing dead to an 8, there is tons of overcards that will beat you. Maybe someone already has the flush. I don't think a lot of people will fold to a bet here. I think bet/folding could be the way to go but I doubt it... You bet and get 2 callers now what ? You bet fold the turn if a blank fall ? what is a blank something under a 8 ?? Really bad board probably -ev or neutral to play...
And if 3/6 is AS loose as 1/2 is, nobody will fold so they will probably have a lot of outs all together to beat you on the turn.. easy check/fold imo or bet fold ...

steaknshake925
07-05-2005, 01:04 AM
hmm, i think i like check/folding too. it seems like the type of board that ppl could easily raise with, and you cant really stand a raise anywhere w/ ur hand. if u bet and get called (and you'll probly get called) the next two streets are probly gonna be crappy to play. why not let this one go?

cartman
07-05-2005, 01:32 AM
In my opinion, betting is terrible. The typical opponent will find a reason to call this flop. Any diamond, any pair, two overcards, "K2 is my lucky hand", etc. I think check-fold is best, followed by checking an--only if you can get it heads up--maybe call or CR. The three opponents have about a million collective outs against you, you may not even have the best hand now, and you could easily have to fold your hand before the showdown even if it is the best. Of course and as always, I may be dead wrong.

Cartman

Willluck
07-05-2005, 03:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ya, I change my mind. Bet the flop.... play very cautiously though.

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]
I ended up check folding it.