PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else do this

Percula
07-03-2005, 11:29 PM
Last night I was playing some 5-150 and had a solid full time player I hesitate to call him a pro as it would be pretty hard to make a living at this level, but as far as I know he has nothing else he does. Anyway he was trying to guess my holdings on almost every hand I played, but most of my hands never reached a showdown.

So this hand comes up... The prior orbit I had raised to 20 UTG and mucked with no callers and he had made a comment about not raising AA so much UTG. I am UTG with QQ and limp (looking to RR). Folds to the SB who completes and the BB checks (the player in question). They end up folding on river to my bet.

He says nice play for AA. I offer him a deal, he can win my last bet of 50 if he can guess my hand right, but if he loses he owes me the bet. Another table coach says he wants a piece of the action which eggs the player on. They both decide to take the "gamble". Both lost and I stacked an extra 100.

InkyWretch
07-04-2005, 12:17 AM
Guys like that crack me up.

He likely calls AA every time somebody raises UTG. He might only be right 10% of the time, but he still does it. Every so often a newb will make a play, that doofus will say "Nice play for AA" and the newb will flip them over. That reinforces to doofus that he's a master psychologist and damn near clairvoyent when it comes to reading players.