PDA

View Full Version : Two hands, and a common mistake when playing vs. TAG's

adanthar
07-03-2005, 11:16 PM
I'm doing this from memory so no HH's, but I'm guilty of this one myself occasionally (read: donked off a stack this way just a couple of days ago) and think it should be posted.

Hand 1:
I have ~1500 7-8 handed in level 4 and open raise to 275 UTG. A 2+2'er in MP, who should know my name, pushes for 1K or so with TT (these numbers may be a little off but I will be getting something like 2:1 on the call). This is likely a mistake and he should know better.

Hand 2:
A tough multitabler whose game I respect opens to 375 of his ~950 in MP, 6 handed. I have 88 in the 75/150 BB with 2500 behind. I think and eventually fold, and in retrospect I shouldn't have thought about it nearly that much.

There's not really that much content in here, other than that when you really know how someone plays you have to consider their range.

edit: There are also times when you have to apply the Gigabet principle and push anyway...but, if you understand it well enough, those will be pretty obvious [and that sort of thing 100% depends on the players at the table; it's good to have reads.]

DonButtons
07-03-2005, 11:48 PM
What did you have in hand #1?

adanthar
07-04-2005, 12:09 AM
AK (I won, so not a bad beat post). It really doesn't matter, though...my range vs. his is pretty much around a coinflip, almost no dead chips and there's 4 people behind him.

DonButtons
07-04-2005, 01:08 AM
Im still pissed about the stop n go you caught me on tonight /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adanthar
07-04-2005, 01:12 AM
Oh, that was you? You don't wanna stop and go against me /images/graemlins/wink.gif Holla