PDA

View Full Version : Capping it with KJ

Scotch78
07-03-2005, 10:59 PM
MP is about 30/15 over 100+. Pre-flop he seems more aggressive than his stats though. For example, he's raised limpers from the BB with KJ, so I'm not too worried about having a worse hand than him.

The SB is a borderline maniac at 83/52. He likes to open-limp with monsters, slowplay, check-raise and otherwise play tricky. He's limp-reraised me once before with total crap, and I've seen him 3-bet others with nothing on several occasions. He bluffs too much, including some raise and check-raise bluffs on the flop and turn. I haven't seen him go to war with nothing, but he'll play draws very fast on the flop (he checks a lot of turns and a fair amount of rivers) and often overplays his made hands.

If he's thinking about my play at all (no idea whether he is though), I should have an unbluffable TAG image.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB (LAG) completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB (LAG) 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP folds, SB (LAG) calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
LAG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, LAG calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
LAG checks, Hero checks.

River: (6 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">LAG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB

Scott

helpmeout
07-03-2005, 11:05 PM
Seriously what are you thinking.

You have an average hand out of position. Call in the BB with KJ its crap.

What good is capping especially when you take it to showdown unimproved.

Scotch78
07-03-2005, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously what are you thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the original raise I was thinking that I most likely have the best hand, and I have position on the uber fish. On the cap I was thinking that I probably still have the best hand and just gained the chance to isolate him.

On the flop I was thinking that I am probably still ahead and would rather put in a bet on the flop than the turn. On the turn I was thinking that I didn't want to get check-raised off the best hand, and could likely still have it. On the river I was thinking that this player will bluff way more than 1 in 7 times.

Scott

sam h
07-03-2005, 11:12 PM
I really like it all around.

The preflop raise from the blinds with hands like this is an underutilized play and these are the perfect opponents to do it against.

helpmeout
07-03-2005, 11:17 PM
KJo is nothing special, you still need to hit the flop and you arent last to act.

All you are doing is bumping the pot so their post flop errors dont cost as much.

Willluck
07-03-2005, 11:37 PM
This all looks pretty standard to me.

naphand
07-04-2005, 05:23 AM
I am not sure you can be an unbluffable TAG, either you play tight or you call a lot. Calling a lot is not consistent with being TAG, morelike a loose/LAG post-flop player.

There really is no need for this kind of play at $3/$6, calling PF and CR Flop with your ISD/backdoor draw would have folded UTG (unless he hit, when he probably bets) and you then take your free card on the Turn. KJo OOP is not a great hand to go to war with.

Ignoring the un-necessity, I like the play. If you have good reads to back you up (and really felt UTG would fold to the PF cap) then I like every street. If opponent goes to SD he has 50% chance of part of the board, although the River pairing a flop card reduces that %age. The board is never scary and K-high will be good enough times against this player to make the River call +EV IMO.

I think I prefer to keep plays like this for when I am on the $100/$200 tables... /images/graemlins/grin.gif