PDA

View Full Version : UltimateBet stops data mining...

meleader2
07-03-2005, 09:58 PM
new UB update now does not let observers view HH's. Dammit.

tylerdurden
07-04-2005, 12:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
new UB update now does not let observers view HH's. Awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. Also, welcome to last week.

PoBoy321
07-04-2005, 01:21 AM
Oooh, burn.

I don't mind the change. I never did much data mining, myself, but this is certainly frustrating for anyone who does.

boondockst
07-04-2005, 01:21 AM
What do people honestly feel they get from datamining? I'm sure it makes them feel good to be able to throw some stats up there and not have to think about their play as much but most horrid players you'll find go broke anyway so you'd never find them later anyway...I was browsing the Software forum trying to find info on PokerGrapher and almost couldn't find it amongst all the "XXXX XXXX DataMine Program Beta Test/Release/Bug Fix/Feature Request".....

PoBoy321
07-04-2005, 01:29 AM
I find that datamining has helped me in that against regular players, I just get a better feel of how loose/tight/passive/aggressive/whatever they are.

EDIT: Also, your thinking that because a player goes broke means they'll stop playing is ridiculous.

boondockst
07-04-2005, 01:43 AM
No offense PoBoy (much respect to you) but with 70,000+ players on sometimes (yes some are play money players) don't you imagine there's a huge turnover in the players involved?

PoBoy321
07-04-2005, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No offense PoBoy (much respect to you) but with 70,000+ players on sometimes (yes some are play money players) don't you imagine there's a huge turnover in the players involved?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of those 70,000 players, most aren't playing your game at your limit. Most are at play money tables, or not playing at all. There is a large pool of regular players who you can observe.

boondockst
07-04-2005, 02:42 AM
I might again be wrong but i think most dataminers are at the lower levels...If you've ever played $5 SNGs on Party, check your PT stats and you'll be amazed how many unique players there are that you've only played 1 SNG with.

BZ_Zorro
07-04-2005, 02:47 AM
I recently read a post about some site cracking down on player profiling, so I decided to turn off GT+ for a while and see how I went with no profiling software at all (no PT exported notes either, PT not even open). Just me, naked in the fish tank.

After 4K hands 4-tabling, my win rate hasn't dropped at all. Sure I miss out on a few opportunities but that's easily offset by the benefits of relying on my own notes and observations. And I no longer make bad calls because of some guy's stats.

NYCNative
07-04-2005, 05:01 AM
I could care less about data-mining. My issue is that after a SNG tournament ends you are immediately kicked out of the room and therefore an observer which means that getting the final HH is impossible. As someone who studies important hands and imputs data into PokerTracker, this is ridiculous.