PDA

View Full Version : PLO final table -- rate his call

Acesover8s
02-06-2003, 10:06 PM
I have almost no PLO tourney experience, but this hand happened at Pokerstars. Last 6 players. 5 players have between 12,000 and 16,000. And one big stack of about 70,000.

Blinds are 1,000 - 2,000.

Folded to big stack in the cutoff who raises pot. Button folds and I raise all in. Big blind hits the 'time' button. I don't care what he has I don't want him in this pot. Big stack is playing table cop and I wanted a doubleup.

After a moment BB calls (still has a few chips left).

Flop is 10sJc6c. I'm all in. BB checks, big stack bets and BB calls all in.

Hands are shown:

Me KdKh3h3c
Big stack JdQdAh2s
BB QcQsTh7s

Before the flop I win 45% of the time, after flop I am 35%, Big stack is 36%, and BB is 24%.

Running spades knock me out and give BB a nice stack. Now, regardless of my hand and the result isn't his hand just too week to call the raise with? And if he thinks I've playing back at a blind steal shouldn't he raise back instead of just call, giving the big stack something like 5-1 on his call?

Thanks,

Greg (FossilMan)
02-06-2003, 11:26 PM
You played fine, as did the big stack in terms of his initial raise. His call of the reraise is maybe good or bad, depending upon all the details. I would need to know stack sizes of all 6 players, as well as the size of the blinds to fully gauge.

BB played terribly, and got lucky. His hand is marginal even if you had folded, and suicidal with your reraise.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

Acesover8s
02-07-2003, 12:25 AM
Ok fossilman, I appreciate your thoughts as always:

Blinds are 1,000 and 2,000.

Big stack has 68,551. He raises 5,000, thus making it 7,000 to go. I am in the 1,000 small blind, and push in making it 12,974 to go. Big blinds smooth calls leaving him with 6,932 left which all goes in on the flop.

Thanks,

Greg (FossilMan)
02-07-2003, 10:57 AM
Big stack has to call. 10% of his stack to call preflop, and he's only risking 10% more for the remainder of the BB's stack. Great pot odds at a risk that won't damage him tremendously.

BB's call preflop is very poor. He should fold, with raising being the next best play. It is highly likely that he saw QQ and thought it was too good to lay down (wrong), but saw the raise and reraise, and was too scared to raise again himself. Loose, passive play to a T, it seems.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)