PDA

View Full Version : 2 Pair Easy Laydown?

illinio
07-03-2005, 09:25 PM
Villain just sat down, later turned out to be somewhat loose passive.
Questioned after the hand if I should have folded to the turn raise (i.e. most raising hands that he could have beat my low 2 pair with a possibly weak/dead draw to full house, although there is the possibility I'm running into a semi bluff/some other move) Is this an easy fold or would ppl tend to call down? Thanks

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ac 2h (two pair, aces and twos).
MP2 has Ts Js (straight, ace high).
Outcome: MP2 wins 9.50 BB. </font>

illguitar
07-03-2005, 11:35 PM
To tell you the truth I probably would've reraised although it wouldn't have been best play, it suits my style. You are ahead of AJ, AT, KQ, KJ, and Qhxh all of whom could make this raise. I would probably assume KQ,QhJh, or QhTh figuring that he wouldn't call with a gutshot on the flop without a flush draw. JhTh is also possible, in which case you're probably screwed. Could have been slowplaying AK, AQ, etc., but I would've expected a reraise before the flop. He could even have JJ. So you were unlucky considering the hands I would have put him on actually contained mostly losers. He made a bad call, obviously. Too bad. Played just fine, but I pop him again to make him pay for a lower 2 pair, a flush draw or a straight draw.

Nightwish
07-04-2005, 02:28 AM
You played it just fine. You cannot fold.

benwood
07-04-2005, 06:21 PM
The decision on this turn is calling and raising. I think raising is better.