PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre SB hand

11t
07-03-2005, 09:17 PM
So, I was put into this interesting situation earlier. My original intent was simply to push if it got folded to me however the limper had me somewhat worried since he is pretty tight and I haven't seen him limp before. Anyways sirens went off and I just completed figuring I'll see what happens.

When the limper just cold called I became convinced he liked his hand enough to take it to the felt vs the shorty but not for his entire stack. Is this foolish?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t1840)
BB (t400)
UTG (t1725)
UTG+1 (t1780)
MP1 (t1755)
MP2 (t1360)
MP3 (t1215)
CO (t1940)
Button (t1485)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, CO calls t150, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t400</font>, CO calls t250, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1915</font>

the shadow
07-04-2005, 12:35 AM
So what did you put the BB and the CO on?

I figure that BB has Ace-Face or maybe mid-pair up. Depending on his play, he might even be making a last-chance PVS push.

Given your read, my guess is that CO has TT-AA.

If I'm CO, I figure that you're not going to merely complete with AA or KK. Since you didn't raise, you probably don't have AK or AQ either. With the pot odds, I'm calling with you with JJ and up.

If I'm right, it seems to me that the CO will call you 4 times out of 5. If he does, you're likely a 2:1 dog or worse for the side pot, which happens to be your entire stack.

So to answer your question, IMHO, yeah, the push seems foolish, at least at the lower limits I play.

The Shadow

TStokes
07-04-2005, 01:04 AM
I agree with what you said if its folded to you I would push, with a limper I will complete. However, once the BB goes all in and gets a call I am done with this hand.

11t
07-04-2005, 02:43 AM
Okay, the BB has like 1.5xBB after posting, he is going all-in here with whatever cards he is dealt. You cannot PVS without getting any fold equity.

Do you really think the CO is going to be limping here with TT-QQ? I can possibly see KK-AA here but cold calling the bb's raise is extremely risky and I doubt any decent player would attempt such a fool hardy maneuver. Also I have one of the kings in my hand which decreases the chances of him having KK.

If the CO is coming along he is most likely coming along with some rags like a7os and typically nothing better.

I would be very very very surprised if CO is coming along for the ride with any hand but AA (figured he wanted the BB to just push instead of him raising and only winning the blinds? but why would he just call the push then...)since he is raising all others in an attempt to get HU against the BB since he feels he is a marginal favorite.

Now, since I am reasonably assured that the CO is going to muck his hand vs my push, I am getting good odds to draw HU vs the shorty whos range is going to be any cards he is quite possibly any cards he is dealt since he is posting such a signifant % of his stack.

That was just my thinking though.

Bigwig
07-04-2005, 03:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with what you said if its folded to you I would push, with a limper I will complete. However, once the BB goes all in and gets a call I am done with this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

Hero pushing all-in here isn't just a good play, it's most likely by far the best play.

Calling the push and playing post flop isn't horrible here, either. But Hero pushing is most likely the best play.