PDA

View Full Version : @#$%&^@

Newt_Buggs
07-03-2005, 07:09 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t795)
BB (t845)
UTG (t2300)
MP (t1027)
CO (t3558)
Button (t1475)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t150</font>, BB calls t100.

Flop: (t300) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t175</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t695 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

$55
I've been getting burned bad on my continuation bets lately, especially with AK and in the $109s that I've been donking around in. Does anyone play this hand differently? Because this is such a great flop for a continuation bet, it seems kind of like betting screams weakness.

johnnybeef
07-03-2005, 07:19 PM
yes,

i will usually let this one go. the reason why is because you want to set up an image of a "non blind stealer" now to help your self later on when you will no doubt be pushing at his blind every time it gets folded to you.

The Yugoslavian
07-03-2005, 07:50 PM
I fold this preflop.

Yugoslav

Chaostracize
07-03-2005, 07:55 PM
Why?

Apathy
[ QUOTE ]
I fold this preflop.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Against most opponents that play in the 55s I think this is a mistake, but not a big one. I would likely complete and bet at most flops, but if you aren't comfortable playing post flop OOP then feel free to fold this one. I'm not a big fan of raising and betting 100% of flops as the OP did.

Chaostracize
Agreed, I will check here often and bet the turn.

Matt R.
07-03-2005, 07:57 PM
I think your bet size screams weakness more than anything else. I really believe an extra 25 chips on your bet would go a long way here. If I were BB in this hand, I'd expect a larger bet from any pocket pair other than AA or KK, MAYBE QQ -- or obviously a 10. Anything else looks scared on a flop with a paired board. That being said, I think you actually are beat more than 50% of the time here. His raise makes more sense if he has an ace and has you outkicked or if he has a pair -- as opposed to if he has say, king high. Making this play with anything else seems rather risky.

The Yugoslavian
07-03-2005, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I fold this preflop.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Against most opponents that play in the 55s I think this is a mistake, but not a big one. I would likely complete and bet at most flops, but if you aren't comfortable playing post flop OOP then feel free to fold this one. I'm not a big fan of raising and betting 100% of flops as the OP did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...maybe...I don't really want to play this hand OOP postflop, it will be difficult IMO to actually extract enough value considering that many hands that will continue vs. me postflop will dominate me....I don't like raising it preflop either. I'd like to have added FE (or at least not do anything to jeapordize it) when I push my SB when it counts.

I understand that my hand ranks to be ahead of a random hand...I don't think much of it's value is realized due to the weak kicker and fact I'm OOP in a pot that I'm not crazy about winning. Do you complete any two here? I'd imagine if you can play A4o profitably here you can play like most if not all hand profitably in this situation.

Yugoslav

Newt_Buggs
07-03-2005, 09:16 PM
interesting, I used to complete rather than raise but I thought that it was a leak and started raising here more often. Just curious, what hand range are you guys completing with here?

[ QUOTE ]
Against most opponents that play in the 55s I think this is a mistake

[/ QUOTE ]
how are you playing this hand at the higher buy ins?

Apathy
07-03-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
interesting, I used to complete rather than raise but I thought that it was a leak and started raising here more often. Just curious, what hand range are you guys completing with here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Against some opponents at the 215s I will complete about 50% or more of hands, and raise the premium ones. Against most I will complete about 30% of hands, and against some I will only play hands I would have played from the button.

I know that's not a great answer to your question but maybe you get my point.

Certain hands can be played against calling stations that offer high implied odds when you hit, and different types of hands can be played against opponents who play too tight and straightforward post flop.

Turk
07-04-2005, 06:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I fold this preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

If for some reason I broke the above rule...I check the flop.