PDA

View Full Version : NL Holdem Advice About "Bubble" Play

PokerProdigy
07-03-2005, 07:00 PM
Ok, so I'm finally starting to understand the strategy once you get into the money (especially heads up /images/graemlins/grin.gif). However, one tough part is when there is only 4 (and sometimes 5) players left in the tourney. I am so confused because I have read some advice that says you should tighten way up, especially when other people go all-in and you are forced to either call or fold. In fact, I have heard some advice that says to ONLY call if you have QQ, KK, AA, or AK. I have read other advice that says to loosen way up and try to steal almost every blind and call all-ins more liberally then the previous advice. Can someone help me make some sense out of this?

You know what would be great, if someone came up with a chart/table that says "if you x amount of chips then push with these hands and call all-ins with these hand" and "if you have y amount of chips you call with these hands" and "if your opponents have z amount of chips you should push or call with these hands" etc... Does anybody have anything like this about 4 handed play? I realize that each situation is different because of opponents tendencies, others chip stacks, etc... but it would be nice if we could come up with a "general strategy" which we can then make some slight/minor adjustments based on the situations that arise. Just let me know if anyone has anything along these lines or just an idea and then maybe all of us here on the forum can "tinker" with it a bit.

pergesu
07-03-2005, 07:06 PM
You should download Sit n Go Power Tools (http://www.sitngo-analyzer.com/) and go through the Blindstealing 101 lesson. Then when you realize how awesome it is, pay for a license and play around with it. You'll learn so much and tehn pwn the low limit games.

Isura
07-03-2005, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should download Sit n Go Power Tools (http://www.sitngo-analyzer.com/) and go through the Blindstealing 101 lesson. Then when you realize how awesome it is, pay for a license and play around with it. You'll learn so much and tehn pwn the low limit games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shhhh. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

PokerProdigy
07-03-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You'll learn so much and tehn pwn the low limit games.

[/ QUOTE ]

What /images/graemlins/confused.gif I am having trouble decoding this last part, especially the "pwn" part.

YourFoxyGrandma
07-03-2005, 08:22 PM
Translated:

[ QUOTE ]
You should download Sit n Go Power Tools (http://www.sitngo-analyzer.com/) and go through the Blindstealing 101 lesson. Then when you realize how awesome it is, pay for a license and play around with it. You're going to learn a lot and win lots of money playing lower limit sngs.

[/ QUOTE ]

augie00
07-03-2005, 08:39 PM
You can't really have much discussion about this without a specific example to work from. Each situation is different. There is no magical equation that you might be seeking.

Generally speaking though, proper bubble play is determined by the size of your stack. A bigger stack allows for more agressive play, etc.

Moonsugar
07-03-2005, 08:55 PM
Sorry, Im not sharing my charts.

However, the advice you were given seems good in general. Loosen raising standards when first in, but keep tight calling (reraising) standards.