PDA

View Full Version : Spirit Mountain Trip Report

Backstabr
07-03-2005, 06:47 PM
I went to Spirit Mountain this weekend and played late into the night Friday and all day Saturday, about 20 hours in total.

Games Spread:
1/2 NL, $20 min, $100 max.
3/5 NL, $100 min, $500 max.
2/4, 3/6, 4/8 kill, 10/20, 15/30, 30/60
4/8 (?) Omaha
1/3/6 Stud

The 10/20 didn't run Friday night and only ran part of the day on Saturday, apparently since a lot of the regulars who play that high are in Vegas right now. ("What's in Vegas now?" asked TAG to my right. LOL.) 15/30 runs when there's interest. 30/60 runs Monday and Thursday (nights, presumably).

I know the Omaha game was going on Friday, dunno about Saturday. I don't know if stud ran this weekend.

Quality of Room
Nice tables, seemed new. Many had machine shufflers. Dealers were friendly and competent.

Food
The poker room offers food service right at the table. Though convenient and relatively inexpensive, the food is mediocre.

Players:
I spent almost all my time at 4/8 kill. In about 20 hrs of play, I only saw one true TAG for about 5 hours. The opposition was by turns too loose (off-suit connectors are a favorite), too passive (flopped set bets out and calls down to raise), too weak (folding nut straight on turn for one bet when flush card comes), and occasionally too aggressive (capping flush draws). If this weekend is representative of summer weekends, this game is beatable for $20/hr, perhaps more. (I made about $400 at this game, and didn't think I was running well.)

Played a little 1/2 NL (I am NL donator). Opposition seemed poor (limping then calling when raise and reraised back to him with A7o).

IHateKeithSmart
07-03-2005, 08:30 PM
FWIW, Friday is about the only day Omaha runs at Spirit Mt. I think Stud is going pretty much all the time though.

Are you from OR?

WhiskyRiver
07-03-2005, 09:04 PM
Stud is going all the time? I've only been there three times, but Stud wasn't running any of the times I went. Would love it if I hit it on the wrong days....

stabn
07-03-2005, 09:24 PM
Do you play wow?

Also, thanks for the trip report, i've been thinking of checking out spirit mt sometime this summer.

IHateKeithSmart
07-03-2005, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stud is going all the time? I've only been there three times, but Stud wasn't running any of the times I went. Would love it if I hit it on the wrong days....

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I haven't been a regular there in about 1.5 yrs (just go there for tourneys nowadays), but seems that stud was always running.

Backstabr
07-03-2005, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you from OR?

[/ QUOTE ]

Eugene. (I'm a math grad student with nothing better to do this summer than separate fools from their money.)

bittergrace
07-07-2005, 12:41 AM
what was your bankroll for the 4/8 kill?