PDA

View Full Version : I've never run into this one before

Alobar
07-03-2005, 06:24 PM
I get JJ in EP and riase, only the BB calls.

flop comes QQQ, he bets into me, and I call planning on raising the turn.

Turn comes the case Q. He bets into me again, I....

Mig
07-03-2005, 06:29 PM
Fold /images/graemlins/smile.gif

PokerBob
07-03-2005, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I get JJ in EP and riase, only the BB calls.

flop comes QQQ, he bets into me, and I call planning on raising the turn.

Turn comes the case Q. He bets into me again, I....

[/ QUOTE ]
.....puke.

Victor
07-03-2005, 06:32 PM
i would be inclined to call down. his flop bet indicates a made hand likely a mid to low pocket pair.

Alobar
07-03-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i would be inclined to call down. his flop bet indicates a made hand likely a mid to low pocket pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, this is what I was thinking, and is why I called. I dunno why I really stalled the action at the turn here as the river is the most interesting I think.

River comes a K and he bets into me again. What is my action?

Now we are both playing the board if I had him beat on the turn, so do I raise hoping he now folds his 55 or whatever crap he had, but at 3-1 will he fold that enough for it to work/he doesnt have the ace? or will he call since the 2nd nuts are on the board? And, given that an A or K is dropping 1:5 on the river, should I have raised the turn?

Rudis
07-03-2005, 06:57 PM
I raise the turn and fold for the 3-bet.
I think, unlike other it seems, that he most often is betting an A on a flop like this having called in the BB.
I am not seeing SD with this hand...He calls my raise I check fold river.

d10
07-03-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now we are both playing the board if I had him beat on the turn, so do I raise hoping he now folds his 55 or whatever crap he had, but at 3-1 will he fold that enough for it to work/he doesnt have the ace? or will he call since the 2nd nuts are on the board?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a hard time believing anyone would fold to a raise here.

sammy_g
07-03-2005, 07:29 PM
i call down and expect to see 88.

Victor
07-03-2005, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
River comes a K and he bets into me again. What is my action?

Now we are both playing the board if I had him beat on the turn, so do I raise hoping he now folds his 55 or whatever crap he had, but at 3-1 will he fold that enough for it to work/he doesnt have the ace? or will he call since the 2nd nuts are on the board? And, given that an A or K is dropping 1:5 on the river, should I have raised the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

i like a turn raise here for the reasons you stated. the problem i see is that if you are a good player you likely wouldnt raise the turn if you had the ace. still, you are pretty much freerolling for a fold.

sthief09
07-03-2005, 07:38 PM
I'd call down. really good chance he's betting into you with a small pair

Mig
07-03-2005, 07:56 PM
I think it depends on how is BB, if he defends with any two card you can call down, if he defends not that often I think he will often have a AKQ here...

mtdoak
07-03-2005, 09:24 PM
Call down and hope he's a total donk.

Schizo
07-03-2005, 09:29 PM
Why is nobody asking for a read?

Would that matter in this situation?

sweetjazz
07-03-2005, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it depends on how is BB, if he defends with any two card you can call down, if he defends not that often I think he will often have a AKQ here...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen just about everything on Party, but I doubt villain has a Q here.