PDA

View Full Version : 77 defense

mr pink
07-03-2005, 05:42 PM
villain is a 25/10/2 who hasn't gotten too out of line.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

pretty sure i'm ahead on the flop.

Turn: (6.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ????

what to do here? bet/fold? bet/call? check/call? check/fold?

comments on all streets appreciated.

Hybrid_11
07-03-2005, 05:48 PM
I think river decision rest on check/call or check/fold.
Bet/fold - either hes folding a worse hand, raising you or calling with a better hand

Bet/Call - def not if hes raising your beat

Check/call - probably what i do here, it gives co a chance to bluff but im unsure if you beat enough hands that villain bets here

Check/fold - im afraid most people are going to be along this line but curiousity is one of my leaks that i need to work on so i prob dont make this move

Moozh
07-03-2005, 05:50 PM
Looks fine so far. I'm scared when he calls with the ace out. I don't think you get a worse hand to call a river bet, so I'd check/call.

Moneyline
07-03-2005, 06:06 PM
On the river I would check and call because your opponent might bluff with a busted flush draw, or maybe even a straight draw. I suspect you are behind most of the time, but IMO the pot is big enough that checking &amp; folding would be an error.

If your opponent never bluffs on the river, I suppose you could make an argument for betting out and folding to a raise. However, I still prefer checking and calling because if your opponent is drawing to a flush you won't collect any bets from him by betting the river.

molawn2mo
07-03-2005, 08:34 PM
hey jeff:

no better hand is folding to a river bet so...

the choice is cc or cf. the only hand you beat is a busted flush draw which is consistant with his presumed flop semi bluff raise. let him bluff at it.

i think you are good 1/9.5 times to call.