PDA

View Full Version : Semi-bluff raising the turn against a PFR

baronzeus
07-03-2005, 04:17 PM
Both players in here typical.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...

krishanleong
07-03-2005, 04:50 PM
fold the flop. Turn is fine.

Krishan

baronzeus
07-03-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I called with the intention of raising any non-ace turn.

marand
07-03-2005, 04:54 PM
I would fold preflop. Do you think this is an easy call preflop?
Easy fold on the flop.
Hmmm, on the turn I really don't know, but I wouldn't have made it that far /images/graemlins/smile.gif

krishanleong
07-03-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I hate it. I don't make moves like this. It's not even heads up.

Krishan

krishanleong
07-03-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would fold preflop. Do you think this is an easy call preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I call with Kxs if it looks like it will be 4 way.

Krishan

marand
07-03-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that kind of "move" is profitable against typical opponents. Typical opponents are too loose and calls with trash. Thats why we seek them out. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

baronzeus
07-03-2005, 05:00 PM
you're prolly right, but it was a very easy flop/turn to miss.

I think since I'm in the BB and most typical players raise preflop with Ax (meaning there's a good chance I've got 2 live cards) and I'm getting 5:1 this is an easy call.

krishanleong
07-03-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think since I'm in the BB and most typical players raise preflop with Ax (meaning there's a good chance I've got 2 live cards) and I'm getting 5:1 this is an easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, how many outs are you giving yourself?

Krishan

baronzeus
07-03-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, how many outs are you giving yourself?

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm talking about the preflop call in the second sentence.

But I think representing a queen by raising this turn did 2 things. 1) pushed out mid pair and 2) makes A high fold

mtdoak
07-03-2005, 07:24 PM
How is this a semibluff? You have bottom pair. And no redraws. IMHO, against typical players, the only hand your going to get fold is a hand you beat.

Alobar
07-03-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think since I'm in the BB and most typical players raise preflop with Ax (meaning there's a good chance I've got 2 live cards)

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't like this statement. Heck, by your logic, you should call with any 2 cards that aren't an ace then. I call here PF as well, but not because I think most people raise Ax.

Fold the flop.

baronzeus
07-03-2005, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How is this a semibluff? You have bottom pair. And no redraws. IMHO, against typical players, the only hand your going to get fold is a hand you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are in UTGs shoes, or the PFRs shoes, and you have a pair of 8s, or 99, or TT, or JJ, or Ax, calling a turn checkraise on a paired Q board is a very difficult thing to do. My flop call was bad, admittedly, but I like the turn play in this case.

Jeff W
07-03-2005, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you think this is an easy call preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I'd call any two suited getting 7.4:1 in a 4-way pot.

Alobar
07-03-2005, 09:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you think this is an easy call preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

even crap suited cards like 62s?

Jeff W
07-03-2005, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

even crap suited cards like 62s?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.