PDA

View Full Version : Bonus qualifying question???

WallyWattz
07-03-2005, 03:36 PM
On almost all of the poker sites, they say that to qualify for the deposit bonus, you must play XXXX raked hands. Usally 1000 or so. Do they mean by this that you actually have to be in the hand(see the flop)? Or do you just have to be sitting at the table and that hand is raked (regardless of whether you saw the flop or not?

AAAA
07-03-2005, 03:45 PM
It depends. Some are one way and some are the other. Most just require you be dealt cards on a raked hand, at least that is the way party poker does it, and InterPoker, and Prima too (thought that is just for clearing bonuses). Poker Room network. I am quite sure Paradise, Stars, Absolute and UB just require you to be dealt cards, but I don't know about Pacific or many of the smaller sites.

sexdrugsmoney
07-03-2005, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am quite sure Paradise, Stars, Absolute and UB just require you to be dealt cards,

[/ QUOTE ]

Paradise said you have to participate in a hand which I thought mean't put money in, is this true or can you just be dealt cards for it to count?

Thanks.

AAAA
07-03-2005, 08:07 PM
hhhhhmmm, good question. Participating to me means getting cards to muck, but I think they clear their points for hands that have rake even if you don't see the flop.

I am sure Granny or someone knows. I haven't played there much recently. I have a lot of points stacked up to clear,so if someone doesn't say definitively, I will go check.

Davey
07-03-2005, 09:10 PM
Paradise is just dealt hands where there is a rake. You do not have to contribute. They pay out in $10 increments for every 100 hands. Just throwing that last bit out in case anyone didnt know. And bonuses do not expire.

sexdrugsmoney
07-03-2005, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Paradise is just dealt hands where there is a rake. You do not have to contribute. They pay out in $10 increments for every 100 hands. Just throwing that last bit out in case anyone didnt know. And bonuses do not expire.

[/ QUOTE ]

So then how does the Paradise bonus compare to Party's version at 05./1? (easier or tougher)

Cheers,
SDM

AAAA
07-03-2005, 11:59 PM
just an educated guess, but party pot sizes tend to be bigger than paradise from my memory, so Party is easier to clear from that point. 100 hands for ten dollars means 1000 hands for 100 dollars, but the partial release of money can be beneficial if you can't make all the hands before you run out of money.

Some of Party bonuses are 15 times these days, so those would make Paradise easier. The 7 times bonuses lean toward Party, and the 10 times are a coin flip.

Am I missing anything?

Paradise 2/4 games were $18 to $36 with 21 to 41% seeing flop. However, most of them were concentrated from 26 to 30. I was surprised.

Party 2/4 games were $18 to $41 and don't show percentage seeing flop. There were almost half the games with pots less than $23 dollars.