PDA

View Full Version : Jerk on Party

SomethingClever
07-03-2005, 02:05 PM
Ok, I'm gonna out this guy's screen name because he deserves it.

I was at a very nice table when this guy began berating the other players after nearly every hand.

So, I try to defend the fish a bit, which leads to this guy challenging me to a HU match, offering to buy me a plane ticket to his house (presumably to fight him????) and making obscure threats.

After he left the table, he even threatened me through one of those table invites, saying stuff like "I've got a surprise for you... you shouldn't use your real name on you poker account" etc.. I think he was referring to my screen name, which is a person's name, but not mine.

Anyway, should I report him? Should I be worried about him trying to hack into my account?

His username is Gotohellmuth and he's a real prick.

Adde
07-03-2005, 02:14 PM
When dealing with table a-holes, there's no such thing as taking prisoners; fire your guns at once - always report to Party when in doubt. He'll get his chat banned for some (short) time. Chances are he'll learn his lesson.

Adde

ncboiler
07-03-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Should I be worried about him trying to hack into my account?

[/ QUOTE ]

No

SomethingClever
07-03-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When dealing with table a-holes, there's no such thing as taking prisoners; fire your guns at once - always report to Party when in doubt. He'll get his chat banned for some (short) time. Chances are he'll learn his lesson.

Adde

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the email I sent to vip@empirepoker.com

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I was
threatened through chat by a player on the site today.

His user name is Gotohellmuth, and we were playing
together today on table 11336 at $5/$10 6-max.

I have kept a transcript of the chat if you need it.

This player made vague threats against me, and my
screenname in particular. Is there any way I can
change my screen name? Also, is there any way this
player's chat can be banned?

Thanks,

XXXXXXX

imitation
07-03-2005, 03:23 PM
Wahh this guy is one of my favourite fish don't get him banned please...

SomethingClever
07-03-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wahh this guy is one of my favourite fish don't get him banned please...

[/ QUOTE ]

They'll probably just ban his chat.

He's a clown. There were people at the table that were like 95/0 and he was screaming at them.

OldLearner
07-04-2005, 11:30 AM
Played 100NL 6 max with him on Sunday ("HE" has a female avatar).

Funny thing is, after he runner runnered nut flush vs a flopped broadway, the guy he beat behaved exactly as what you described. He was actually well behaved during the entire session, of course he was sucking out pretty hard so maybe "all was well" with him.

Nonetheless, I certainly wouldn't worry about anything he said.

This also seems to describe about 1/20 players I encounter.

iluzion
07-04-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there any way I can
change my screen name?

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is on party itself, look around in the account options there, you can change your screen name, but not your account name, I'm not sure about the skins.

Skjonne
07-04-2005, 05:56 PM
#Game No : 2298781581
***** Hand History for Game 2298781581 *****
$200 NL Hold'em - Saturday, July 02, 16:47:02 EDT 2005
Table Table 48782 (6 max) (Real Money)
Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 4: Skjonne ( $203.7 )
Seat 3: hilohal ( $276.7 )
Seat 6: SlowH ( $191.98 )
Seat 5: Gotohellmuth ( $190.9 )
Seat 1: OxxxxnotChad ( $105.4 )
Seat 2: OrvarHasliba ( $207.8 )
Skjonne posts small blind [$1].
Gotohellmuth posts big blind [$2].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Skjonne [ 8d 8c ]
SlowH calls [$2].
OxxxxnotChad folds.
OrvarHasliba calls [$2].
hilohal folds.
Skjonne calls [$1].
Gotohellmuth checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 5c, 8h, 3c ]
Skjonne bets [$7].
Gotohellmuth raises [$20].
SlowH folds.
OrvarHasliba folds.
>You have options at Table 54828 (6 max) (No DP) Table!.
Skjonne raises [$43].
Gotohellmuth is all-In [$168.9]
Skjonne calls [$138.9].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 2d ]
** Dealing River ** [ 3h ]
Skjonne shows [ 8d, 8c ] a full house, Eights full of threes.
Gotohellmuth doesn't show [ Jc, Jd ] two pairs, jacks and threes.
Skjonne wins $383.8 from the main pot with a full house, Eights full of threes.
Game #2298785532 starts.

Gotohellmuth: fuc you c un t mother fuc ing a ss holes
Gotohellmuth: play like a bunch of fucing twats
Skjonne: wow you're bad
Gotohellmuth: go fuc yourself a s shole
Gotohellmuth: care for some heads up
Skjonne: there are 25c tables you know
Gotohellmuth: name the fucing limit you little XXXXX
Gotohellmuth: ill bring 2k
Skjonne: I'll bring a brain
Gotohellmuth: and fuc you to slowh
Gotohellmuth: play like a bunch of online partypoker c un ts
Gotohellmuth: come look me up when your balls drop skjonne
Skjonne: No I won't. I'm scared
Gotohellmuth has left the table.

Yeknom58
07-04-2005, 06:25 PM
I say write an email saying he was threatening but that's it and I would totally forget about it.

SomethingClever
07-04-2005, 07:24 PM
Haha... that's him all right. This had been going on for a while when I chimed in. I probably went too far, but this was a great table and I wanted him to stop berating the fish.

Here's my transcript.

Gotohellmuth: what a fucing joke
Gotohellmuth: what the fuc are you calling with you fucing fish a s shole\
Me: eat sht and die, hellmuth
Gotohellmuth: what a god dam joke
Gotohellmuth: fuc you mouth XXX
Gotohellmuth: this is fucing pathetic
Gotohellmuth: hey XXX........how bout me and you go heads up..........you name the limit ill bring 2k
Gotohellmuth: put your money where a dik usually is you fucing a s shole
Gotohellmuth: how bout it XXX
Gotohellmuth: run that XXXXing mouth some more you c u n t
Gotohellmuth: just like i thought
Me: you are retarded
Gotohellmuth: come look me up when your balls drop XXX
Gotohellmuth: play me heads up a s shole
Me: and, you're the worst player i've ever seen
Gotohellmuth: HEADS UP
Gotohellmuth: 2k
Gotohellmuth: name the limit
Me: i don't play HU
Gotohellmuth: right........cause your a little c u n t
Me: this isn't about poker, it's about you being sub-average in every way
Gotohellmuth: mind your fucing business a ss ho le
Gotohellmuth: lets go bich
Gotohellmuth: what a mother fu cing joke
Gotohellmuth: fuc you fuc this and fuc you talentless limit c un t mother fucers
Gotohellmuth: lets go play some NL XXX
Gotohellmuth: come on big mouth whore
Me: i don't play NL
Gotohellmuth: of COURSE you dont
Gotohellmuth: cause you are a talentless limit bich
Me: haha
Gotohellmuth: this is fucing sickening
Me: we're playing together right now, moran
Gotohellmuth: nothing but a bunch of fish a ss twats
XXXXXXX: And you're still losing. Really sucks to be you dont it
Gotohellmuth: come look me up XXX.........you should be careful who you fuc with
Me: haha
Me: JOPKE
Gotohellmuth: how bout my address and a plane ticket.............
Gotohellmuth: the look on your fucing face will be priceles
Me: you want me to come visit?
Gotohellmuth: Oh yes
Me: lol
Gotohellmuth: OH yes
Me: i normally don't make house calls....
Me: would you consider yourself bi-curious?
Gotohellmuth: you obv dont play live poke
Gotohellmuth: cause your XXXXing jaw would be wired shut
Me: i don't get it
Gotohellmuth: please accept the address OR heads up offer
Gotohellmuth: i live for cok suckers like you
Me: first answer: are you bi-curoius?
Gotohellmuth: cant mind there own fucing business
Gotohellmuth: its first question you stupid fucing monkey
Me: no, i want you to answer the question first
Gotohellmuth: the answer is yes..........because i am going to def. enjoy bending you over like the bich you are
Gotohellmuth: my fucing blinds aint for sale
Me: lol
Gotohellmuth: another useless pocket pair
XXXXXXXX: Look slike you just sold yours for $15
Gotohellmuth: who the fuc asked you
Gotohellmuth: come on XXX...........heads up
Me: so, are you phil hellmuth or what?
Gotohellmuth: dont have the 2k?
Gotohellmuth: how bout 1k
Gotohellmuth: name the limit
Me: i have money, but i don't play HU
Gotohellmuth: show me how bad i am
Gotohellmuth: right........cause your a talentless fish
Me: good comeback
Gotohellmuth: come on XXX
Gotohellmuth: ill set it up
Gotohellmuth: show me
Gotohellmuth: somewhere there is a village .........missing an idiot
Me: hilarious
Gotohellmuth: you have the rest of your life to be a little fa g o t XXX........take a day off
Gotohellmuth: nothing like using your name for your account..........this is going to be fun
Gotohellmuth: be VERy CAREFUL WHO YOU FUC WITH
Gotohellmuth: LOL
Gotohellmuth: what a bunch of fucing idiots
Me: you think my name is XXXXXXXXXXX?
Gotohellmuth: grow eyes in the back of your fucing head a s s hole
Me: how????????
Gotohellmuth: wrong place....wrong time...........wrong mother fucer
Me: why are you sitting out?
Me: jeez finally
Gotohellmuth: and you aint gonna like i t
Me: tell me

z80x86
07-04-2005, 07:39 PM
Hehe my balls dropped right after I was born!

ds914
07-04-2005, 07:39 PM
Someone mentioned that screen name belongs to a female. Based on that language, I'm pretty sure it's my ex-girlfriend.

kylma
07-04-2005, 07:50 PM
Pretty funny stuff, lol /images/graemlins/smile.gif

But seriously, I see no point in reporting someone that you quite clearly provoked yourself

ghcnoob
07-04-2005, 08:06 PM
I run into Jerks on Party at times...where can I report them to? Is there an e-mail address for atmosphere type issues?

SoftcoreRevolt
07-04-2005, 08:48 PM
alerts@partypoker.com

ghcnoob
07-04-2005, 09:07 PM
Thanks.

Greg J
07-04-2005, 09:22 PM
Oh yeah I've played this guy before too. He was horrible. And yeah, he was abusive like that. I found it distracting so I turned off the chat.

lefty rosen
07-04-2005, 09:37 PM
Hey I table coach to a point(if I feel I can get into a lag's head), but I never threaten anyone. This guy seems like he deranged..... His JJ play was classic not very good but semi understands the value of a hand....... /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif

boondockst
07-04-2005, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Gotohellmuth: care for some heads up
Gotohellmuth: ill bring 2k
Skjonne: I'll bring a brain

[/ QUOTE ]
brilliant

This is genuinely hilarious.

EStreet20
07-04-2005, 11:02 PM
Well handled, what a douchebag. However, ow whenever I'm stuck in traffic, dealing with a dipshit cashier in a store or in some other frustrating environment, I'm going to respond by yelling "Heads up [censored], I'll bring 2k LOLOLOL."

Some people are just pathetic.

Good luck all,
Matt

EStreet20
07-04-2005, 11:04 PM
P.S. I know this is a nutty thought but just imagine someone actually did take this moron's offer about the home address and he gave them the real one and the person rang the doorbell and shot him dead. Personally I think that person should be pardoned since they've rid the world of a major [censored] who's obviously got some psychological problems. Any thoughts?

jman220
07-04-2005, 11:20 PM
Haha, he didn't raise pocket jacks preflop, and got burned. nh.

other1
07-05-2005, 12:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This also seems to describe about 1/20 players I encounter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only 1 out of 20?! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif I gotta start playing wherever you are.

joedot
07-05-2005, 12:15 AM
For one thing, you told him to eat sht and die, so you are a hypocrite with no right to complain to management about him. Secondly, you sound like a wimp who isn't very sure of himself if you didn't accept his challenge to play heads up. If you aren't willing to accept a challenge like that, then you aren't as good as you probably think you are, and you need to just close your mouth. Next time just shut the f up and let the guy tilt his money away. If your intention was to tilt him a little further, fine, but it doesn't sound like that's the kind of person you are. You sound more like the whiney little wimpy type, that likes to cry to mommy when the other kids curse but then you do it yourself when you're all alone.

jman220
07-05-2005, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
For one thing, you told him to eat sht and die, so you are a hypocrite with no right to complain to management about him. Secondly, you sound like a wimp who isn't very sure of himself if you didn't accept his challenge to play heads up. If you aren't willing to accept a challenge like that, then you aren't as good as you probably think you are, and you need to just close your mouth. Next time just shut the f up and let the guy tilt his money away. If your intention was to tilt him a little further, fine, but it doesn't sound like that's the kind of person you are. You sound more like the whiney little wimpy type, that likes to cry to mommy when the other kids curse but then you do it yourself when you're all alone.

[/ QUOTE ]
That was unnecessarily harsh.
Edit: Are you Hellmouth?

joedot
07-05-2005, 12:25 AM
lol. That was my intention so this guy would get it. Otherwise he might have his jaw wired shut someday. Unless he only does this type of thing online which I suspect is the case.

SomethingClever
07-05-2005, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But seriously, I see no point in reporting someone that you quite clearly provoked yourself

[/ QUOTE ]

He was doing this long before I said anything.

SomethingClever
07-05-2005, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotohellmuth, is that you?

I was just pissed off that he was ruining the table. He had been berating the fish for a couple orbits before I said anything.

I don't care if you think I'm a wimp or disagree with how I handled it. This is the internet. You can claim you're tough or call someone a sissy... it doesn't mean anything in real life. This guy was threatening a good game. That's all that matters.

joedot
07-05-2005, 12:47 AM
Ok, here's the thing. Don't be pissed off, or do be pissed off at him. Doesn't really matter. You chiding him is not going to convince him of the error of his ways. Trust me on that. If anything, you will make him worse. And I VERY rarely see fish leave because a player is busting on them like this guy was. 99% of them just ignore them and keep playing, and keep playing shtty, because that's all fish know how to do even if they are being taught. So it is best to just ignore the guy, or better yet to talk smack to him like you did, but with the intention of tilting him further. Not to report him to management because you're a little 5th grade tattle tell. If you really are doing this to take the high road, then next time don't say anything to him and report him. If you're smart, you'll antagonize him a little more and then take all his money. But don't pretend like you are preserving the integrity of the game or something. that's a joke

lefty rosen
07-05-2005, 12:56 AM
You are probably going to shoot a 17 year old playing with an older siblings credit card or a parents........ /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SomethingClever
07-05-2005, 01:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not to report him to management because you're a little 5th grade tattle tell.

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
But don't pretend like you are preserving the integrity of the game or something. that's a joke

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say anything about integrity. And I assure you I'm not joking.

You think these guys that log onto party and just want to have a good time and gamb00l want someone telling them them to [censored] off and berate their play?

Bullshit. I've seen players leave because of behavior like this.

I could care less about what this guy says to me. But I did successfully divert his attention onto myself from the other players. And I reported him because, as you can clearly see, he makes a habit of berating the other players. Which *is* detrimental to the game. Ask people like Mason Malmuth or John Feeney if they agree.

9 times out of 10, I ignore morons who talk trash. But in this case, his behavior was so far out of line that I thought it warranted action.

SomethingClever
07-05-2005, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Secondly, you sound like a wimp who isn't very sure of himself if you didn't accept his challenge to play heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also: Classy.

TomBrooks
07-05-2005, 04:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
in this case, his behavior was so far out of line that I thought it warranted action.

[/ QUOTE ]
Based on your repartee with this Villian, I don't think you can claim the high road here, and I don't think Party will find him wholly at fault because of some of your comments to him.

mackthefork
07-05-2005, 05:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
P.S. I know this is a nutty thought but just imagine someone actually did take this moron's offer about the home address and he gave them the real one and the person rang the doorbell and shot him dead. Personally I think that person should be EXECUTED since they've rid the world of a major DONATOR who's obviously got some psychological problems. Any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Mack

Guy McSucker
07-05-2005, 05:12 AM
From his use of bad language, I would say he was English. I believe you guys over the pond don't use the same range of "cuss words" as we do.

Makes me proud to be a Brit.

Correct me if I'm wrong...

Guy.

Subby
07-05-2005, 08:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Secondly, you sound like a wimp who isn't very sure of himself if you didn't accept his challenge to play heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hope to god you are kidding with that.

crownjules
07-05-2005, 09:06 AM
I think it's funny that the guy used the same exact insults on two different people (and I'm sure many others). I wonder just how many times he's challenged people to $2K HU matches and told people their balls need to drop. The way he plays, I doubt he even has 2K.

highlife
07-05-2005, 10:42 AM
"Oh yeah, well the jerk store called, and they are running out of YOU!"

I have also encountered this player. I accepted his offer to play heads up, but he never actually showed up.

HopeydaFish
07-05-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's funny that the guy used the same exact insults on two different people (and I'm sure many others). I wonder just how many times he's challenged people to $2K HU matches and told people their balls need to drop. The way he plays, I doubt he even has 2K.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...he's probably a bot :-D

revots33
07-05-2005, 04:46 PM
Probably some 15-year old with mommy's credit card. Guys like him are why I keep chat off.

coffeecrazy1
07-05-2005, 04:50 PM
Although...I have to say...nothing in this world is more glorious than facing one of these guys heads up and beating him in about ten hands. /images/graemlins/smile.gif