PDA

View Full Version : Stud8 - Opponent has my cards!

grb137
07-03-2005, 01:06 PM
I've been tinkering with Stud8 recently, and ran across this hand. I was wondering if I should have folded 6th...or was there enough in the pot to try to get my money back.

7 Card Stud High-Low ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (1.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Hero: 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___completes
Seat 4: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif___brings-in___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds

4th Street - (5.00 SB)

Hero: 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls

5th Street - (4.50 BB)

Hero: 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls

6th Street - (8.50 BB)

Hero: 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds

River - (10.50 BB)

Hero: 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___bets

Total pot: (10.50 BB)

DeadMoneyOC
07-03-2005, 01:13 PM
I think this is just fine. When you catch that perfect card on 4th you are usually in for the full ride. I might have taken a free card on 5th but I dont mind a bet in anyway. I am weak-tight. NH

djr
07-03-2005, 03:06 PM
I think you played this as well as could be. I also bet 5th, you probably have the best draw to the low and you want to give them a chance to fold. 6th is an easy call, you have 12 cards that give you a low. You're better than 2:1 to make a low with a pot that's offering better than 4:1. Unfortunate you missed the river.

Andy B
07-04-2005, 01:50 AM
I play it about the same. There is way too much money in the pot for you to think about folding for one bet on sixth.

mscags
07-04-2005, 03:14 AM
That's just one of those tough hands. Great draw and you miss. There is no way you can let it go on sixth. Tough break

lane mcbride
07-04-2005, 06:19 AM
yeah. call. pray for a two and laugh if you scoop

lane mcbride
07-04-2005, 06:21 AM
also... though I don't think it matters TOO much... let it not go unnoticed that even if you make your low you could still plausibly lose to a better low if he makes one