PDA

View Full Version : So I'm pissed at Ultimate Bet (AKA Upgrade, Shmupgrade)

NYCNative
07-03-2005, 09:32 AM
The last upgrade they did caused two things I cannot stand at the One Table Tourneys:

1) It doesn't allow you to make your bet what you want! At the 15/30 level when my standard raise is to t100 it will not let me put in a t100 bet! I can either do t90 or t120! Even if I manually type it in as t100 it has the audacity to CHANGE THE BET to t90!

This is really a chip-bleed, especvially when the blinds get up there! You have a choice of making a raise that villain may not respect or bleed chips, which is ridiculous. I should be able to bet any damn thing I want that is legal.

2) When a tournament ends, you are IMMEDIATELY kicked out of the room. This means you CANNOT get the Hand History because you are now simply "viewing" the room. So you cannot read back the hand that either won or lost the tournament for you! Some of us keep Hand Histories and examine the important ones. The winning or losing hand of a tournament is often important yet UB's "upgrade" has made it impossible to check this.

For all I know these same problems occur in Multis as well - in fact I'd bet they do!

I emailed my complaints to UB and I got the "we'll take this into consideration" response. I encourage anyone as pissed as I am about this to email their support and complain. It's ridiculous that we cannot bet the amount we want and then cannot get the Hand History of a tournament that we paid UB to participate in.

Apologies if this has been posted before...

Isura
07-03-2005, 10:09 AM
I don't think the bet size problem occurs in multis.
They should have started sending tourney summaries by email in their upgrade. Best MTT site imo, but I hate not having good pokertracker records of my play there (I'm too lazy to manually enter every tourney result).

NYCNative
07-03-2005, 10:51 AM
I use this (http://www.pokertracker.com/ubh.html).