PDA

View Full Version : Any Albuquerque 2+2's around?

SirFelixCat
07-03-2005, 06:59 AM
Heading to Sandia for a weekend of cards 15ht-17th and was wondering if any 2+2'ers wanted to meet up?

xtingshun
07-03-2005, 12:08 PM
Hey Felix, I'm not from Albq. I'm about 3 hrs. away.. But I will more than likely be up there playing as well.. Isleta also has daily NL tourneys @ 2pm and 7 pm .. the buy ins are generally 10-20 .. and usually have about 3-4 tables on the weekends.. the payouts range in the 200-350 area... but they have some really weak players, and it's tourney expierence for a cheap price.. Isleta aslo offers a pretty juicy 2-10 spread limit game.... Isleta is like 15-20 min away from Sandia.. I try to hit a couple of the tourneys at Isleta , then go play live (4-8) at Sandia ..

My email is sandidgec@yahoo.com .. hit me up .. give me your cell # or something.. and some more details..

Chip

SirFelixCat
07-03-2005, 05:15 PM
Chip...good deal. I may take you up on that. The only caveat is that this time, I'm flying in (from Amarillo) and won't have a car...the hotel I'm staying at, Sandia has a shuttle that will pick me up....

I will PM you my number though and we'll have to meet up.

-Eddie

xtingshun
07-03-2005, 06:06 PM
Hey, This is a funny, but I think I recieved an email from you on homepokergames.com ... (sandidgec@yahoo.com) is my email.. We talked about a game in Hobbs??? Strange enough... world wide web isn't always so big.. but it sounds good..

SirFelixCat
07-14-2005, 04:32 PM
Lil' bump before the weekend.

Pyromaniac
07-27-2005, 12:39 PM
how were the games in the Alb. area? I'll like to hear the local report. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Budget Boy
07-27-2005, 02:34 PM
I play at Sandia just about every day, and I think we have one of the best 10-20 games in the country. Very loose/passive with a $3 rake. The play in the 4-8 game is unbelievably poor, you would have to see it for yourself. The things I see in that game are hard to put into words, and nobody would believe me anyway.

KingMedicine
07-27-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I play at Sandia just about every day, and I think we have one of the best 10-20 games in the country. Very loose/passive with a $3 rake. The play in the 4-8 game is unbelievably poor, you would have to see it for yourself. The things I see in that game are hard to put into words, and nobody would believe me anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

jeez - that might be worth making a trip to NM for!!

SirFelixCat
07-27-2005, 06:47 PM
I'll post it on my lunch break tonight.

pc in NM
07-27-2005, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I've had mixed results in the $10/$20 - I've played there six times this year, and average about 0.75 BB/HR. Several times the game was full of "regulars", at least a few of whom are, I believe, "pros". Other times, the game is just as you described. As a frequent player, can you confirm this observation?

The last few times I was there I played $6/$12 (not consistently available), and did consideraby better....

I'm going to 'Burque and Sandia this weekend and would enjoy connecting with any other 2+2er's....

SirFelixCat
07-27-2005, 08:53 PM
I make the trip about once a month to Sandia and play a ton while I'm there (Friday - Sunday night) and have found the following to be fairly consistent:

The 10/20 can be hit or miss. It has seemed to me that it is much more soft during the day and much more a tougher nut to crack in the weekend evenings. pc in nm about nailed it, imo.

The 6/12, while it doesn't go all THAT often, is the softest game I have ever sat in. I have never played in it in which I did not crush it (30+BB every session) playing solid TAG play. I lobby for it starting every trip and the room manager, who agrees with how soft it is, tries to get it going...sometimes yes, sometimes no.

The 1/2NL game is quite fishy. The "only" problem with the game is the current format. It used to be that once you get under $200, you could rebuy for $200 more, essentially making it a $50-$400 buy-in as opposed to the $50-$200 as it's listed. Now, you can only augment the $200. If you can sit in it when the table starts and do well early, I have found that you can run over the table come evening/night time.

My last trip (2 weeks ago) I played in the 10/20 and finished up 32BB's in 3 hours (small sample I know, but during the day, it's not THAT rare to have sessions like that.) I mainly played the NL game and cleared $1740 for the weekend. If you can handle the hard cap on the $200 buy in NL game, I would recommend it. But if the 6/12 is going, do yourself a favor and sit in it unless I am there /images/graemlins/wink.gif

For those interested in Omaha 8/b, it's a 4/8 with a half-kill and it's an octagenerian game during the day and not a ton better at night. Though I have found the play to be sub-standard, at best. But the game moves at a snails pace.

Hope this helps...if you have other questions, either PM me or post here.

Pyromaniac
07-28-2005, 03:32 PM
Budget, we might not believe you--but it'd be entertaining to hear your 4-8 stories anyway /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Felix, I replied in your thread about going pro next year. If you've got consistently good results at B&M play like this, that seems like the sort of thing that might convince others that you're approaching this in a serious/sober manner--that you do have a viable plan. Risky, sure, but is it any riskier than the coffee wholesale business, really?

SirFelixCat
07-28-2005, 09:04 PM
Budget, I am curious as to who you are...I am sure that I know you, though I do NOT sit in the 4-8 game. I'd love to hear some of the stories as well /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Pyro, just read it...many thanks. Curious as to how you found it, buried 34 pages deep or so /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Budget Boy
07-29-2005, 10:12 AM
Most of the "regulars" in the 10-20 game are terrible. The number of people in Albuquerque that play professionally, or that even have a pro-quality game couldn't even fill one table. At most you should have 3 people at your table that are even decent. I like the 6-12 also, its always a good game, I'll make sure I get an interest list going when I get off work. If you don't like the looks of the 10-20 there is always a ton of action in the 4-8 holdem and omaha games, easy money there. I'll be playing there for a few hours tonight, and all day tom.

Budget Boy
07-29-2005, 10:35 AM
I'm Todd T, we have probably played together I'm there almost every day.
My favorite 4-8 hand this week:
I'm in the BB with 88, its raised in ep and we see the flop 5-handed. Flop comes K 8 6 and I checkraise, we see the turn 3-handed. Turn is a 6 for K 8 6 6, all of a sudden its a raising war with MP cold-caller. I bet, he raises, I re-raise, he caps. River goes to three bets I show my 8's full and other player barely notices as he is shocked and dismayed by his own cards. He then explains to the table that he thought he had the monster that is Q 6, as he tables Q 5 offsuit.

pc in NM
07-29-2005, 11:59 AM
I'll be in Albuquerque this weekend; I'm "pc", and I'll "supbro" you if I have the opportunity....

I'll sign up on that $6/$12 interest list too, BTW....

SirFelixCat
07-29-2005, 01:35 PM
I think my next trip is the 3rd weekend in Aug. I'll post for sure when I know. Have fun fellas.

Pyromaniac
08-01-2005, 11:03 AM
Wow, sounds like it's worth checking out next time I'm in the area, then...although I don't have much B&M experience. (Well, okay, none.)

Felix, LOL...so then I started thinking, How *did* I find it? I sure didn't go back 30-odd pages in the forum. Later I realized that I found it because you linked to it in one of the posts on Ed Miller's articles on going pro. So, really, *you* found it for me /images/graemlins/grin.gif