PDA

View Full Version : SNG Pre-Game Mentality

Messy_Jesse
07-03-2005, 02:46 AM
I was wondering what everyone's approach was to SNGS as you fire them up. For example, I typically try to remind myself to "play smart" and to not underestimate my opponents. The reason I do this is that I know that I have a tendency to sometimes be reckless an then to attempt to constantly outplay opponents. Do any of you have anything similar or do you just fire them up?

_Jess

Bigwig
07-03-2005, 03:01 AM
I just fire em up and look for something good on cable.

Newt_Buggs
07-03-2005, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
not underestimate my opponents

[/ QUOTE ]
I have to remind myself to do the opposite and not overestimate the average opponent. I've made way too many bad calls where I think that my opponents are clever and recognize that they have a great opportunity to bluff me, only to realize that they are playing trash and spiked two pair or actually called my pot sized bet on the turn with a draw.

handsome
07-03-2005, 03:04 AM
I jog around my room, do a couple of jumping jacks, a few pushups (I can't really do more than liek 8)... then when I'm ready, I yell "LET'S GET IT ON!!!!!!!!!" and fire em up.

thesharpie
07-03-2005, 03:06 AM
I jack off while the table fills and always manage to finish before the minute wait is up.

jeffraider
07-03-2005, 03:07 AM
I tend to do a quick mental checklist to make sure that I'm good to play. I normally make sure I'm happy, not super-tired, not intoxicated, etc.

Scuba Chuck
07-03-2005, 03:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering what everyone's approach was to SNGS as you fire them up. For example, I typically try to remind myself to "play smart" and to not underestimate my opponents. The reason I do this is that I know that I have a tendency to sometimes be reckless an then to attempt to constantly outplay opponents. Do any of you have anything similar or do you just fire them up?

_Jess

[/ QUOTE ]

In general, I just fire up 8 tables. As the games get going, I often remind myself that I am the best player at this table. That means have patience, don't make mistakes, look for opportunities, be selectively aggressive, and don't go off the handle if I get too many bad beats.

Bigwig
07-03-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
not intoxicated

[/ QUOTE ]

Pfft. Rookie.