PDA

View Full Version : PV, GT+ or PA-HUD

MaxPowerPoker
07-03-2005, 12:54 AM

Brainwalter
07-03-2005, 04:19 AM
Anyone have a screenshot of pokerace HUD?

PokerAce
07-03-2005, 04:33 AM
The interface or the stats it displays? You can make the stats look identical to PV if you want. You can set the font, size, and color of any stat.

Here's an old screenshot of the stats:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/PokerAce/Screenshot-2.jpg

Here's the interface:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/PokerAce/screen_1.jpg

Here's an old pic of the layout manager (slight changes since):

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/PokerAce/Screenshot-4.jpg

Jarekb
07-03-2005, 02:33 PM
Here's a pic of my setup. Showdown stats up top (% of time they go to SD, %wins at SD, % won when saw flop), bottom has preflop stats(VP$P,Preflop Raise, Post flop Agression), right has agression cactors on each street(flop, turn, river), left has Net$ and BB/100, middle has %check raise and # of hands.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b178/Jarekb/7d31213f.jpg

TheIrishThug
07-03-2005, 03:20 PM
when pahud picks up stars it will take over full time

jare, ur setup is much bettor than mine and i don't feel like taking the time to set all that up, could u post the setup file?

Mike Haven
07-03-2005, 03:21 PM
Thanks. Seeing that has just made me shite my pants.

Barry_G
07-03-2005, 03:36 PM
I used GT+ until a couple days ago. I like the PA-HUD better. It finds your tables automatically and is little cleaner and more customizable.

Jarekb
07-03-2005, 03:42 PM
Either right click and save as or open it up and copy the text into notpad and save as .pth. Btw I got most of the design from Fooz.
10Max (http://www.jarekb.com/images/Pty_10_Max)
9Max (http://www.jarekb.com/images/Pty_9_Max)

BTW Poker Stars will be implamented soon, PokerAce has a sneak preview of it in the software forum, here's the thread. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2765277&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=&fpart=2&vc=1) and a pic of his preview.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/PokerAce/Screenshot-5.jpg

fooz
07-03-2005, 08:20 PM
Crosslinking...

PokerAce Hud Layouts (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2761965)

littledave
07-05-2005, 12:37 PM
I'm using a beta of PlayerView - Poker Stars!

I'm moving the numbers around my screen, fixing the hotspot positions, etc. When it's finished I'll post a shot.

I understand that Ace is pretty close to Stars support himself. Previously GT+ was the only one with Stars support, but now with PV and now PA, it's opening up.

Don't you just love competition! What a country! Ain't capitalizzm grand? lol

Subby
07-05-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I used GT+ until a couple days ago. I like the PA-HUD better. It finds your tables automatically and is little cleaner and more customizable.

[/ QUOTE ]

MrWookie47
07-05-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like PA-HUD as well, but I'm finding that it's extremely CPU hungry. It seems to really be eating up the cycles on my system, and I'm running a 2.4 GHz Athlon 64. Has anyone else been having a similar problem?

littledave
07-05-2005, 02:04 PM
I haven't noticed any problem - I'm running a desktop window manager (8 windows) with Outlook open, Excel open, Poker Tracker, four bit torrent windows, a couple of IE browser windows, my IM for wife-communication a RealAudio broadcast of the Larry Grossman show ("You Can Bet On It!"), and a bunch of little utilities like alarm clock, time sync, temperature and weather, APC UPS, etc.

I've got a P4 3.0 with - a gig of Ram? at least, plus a couple of those SATA drives.

Task Manager shows "Mem Usage" of 3744 K, and 00 CPU resources. What does your Task Manager show for PAHud.exe?

PokerAce
07-05-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like PA-HUD as well, but I'm finding that it's extremely CPU hungry. It seems to really be eating up the cycles on my system, and I'm running a 2.4 GHz Athlon 64. Has anyone else been having a similar problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will confirm this. There seems to be a leak for some people. I am investigating the cause of this. It will get fixed.

PrincipalSkinner
07-05-2005, 03:35 PM
For some unknown reason, control-alt-delete stopped working for me last week------is there another way to bring up that info??? Thanks

PrincipalSkinner
07-05-2005, 03:46 PM
Two areas for possible improvement:

After playing for quite awhile, some of the stats are missing for some of the players/tables. Closing down and restarting PAHud fixes this and the displays are complete again. Is there some other less cumbersome way to get it working right again?

The individual stat pop-up windows do not always pop up as requested. Their availability is undependable--which is not good when I need info right now at the moment of crisis. Can you not switch to the method used in GT+ ??? It has been 100% dependable.

Still the best one out there--but let's shoot for perfection!! Thank you.

prrthd
07-05-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For some unknown reason, control-alt-delete stopped working for me last week------is there another way to bring up that info??? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Start --> Run --> taskmgr

Wyers
07-05-2005, 03:59 PM
After playing for quite awhile, some of the stats are missing for some of the players/tables. Closing down and restarting PAHud fixes this and the displays are complete again. Is there some other less cumbersome way to get it working right again?

I experience this exact problem. Once I'm sitting at a few tables, I open PA. Any player who exists in PT (even if it is only one hand) will immediately have their stats posted and they will update on schedule.

Any players not in PT at the time of opening PA will not have their stats posted nor will this correct itself at the update. It is as if PA doesn't even look for then in the PT db.

What I do is wait for the tables to fill up, play a few hands, import the HHs into PT, and then execute PA. When a new player joins the table, I wait for them to play a few hands, import these HHs into the PT db, close and restart PA.

I am currently using PA to draw hands from 2 DBs - one for the current month and a Master which amalgamates all of the previous monthly DBs.

I'm certainly not complaining about the app and this is only a minor inconvenience. I truly appreciate the time you have committed to this project. I just thought you might want to be aware of this glitch I am experiencing.

PrincipalSkinner
07-05-2005, 04:07 PM
thanks! any idea how to get cont-alt-delete to work again, or why it would stop working??

Wyers
07-05-2005, 04:08 PM
Just took a stroll over to the software forum to discover this bug has already been detected and is being addressed.

Guess I should have looked there first with it being a SOFTWARE forum and all.

Nothing to see here folks. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

littledave
07-05-2005, 04:09 PM
Do you mean Task Manager? Just right-click on an empty area of your taskbar and select Task Manager.

There are at least a half-dozen ways to bring up TM. Wonder why the C-A-D trap is MIA?

MarkD
07-05-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will confirm this. There seems to be a leak for some people. I am investigating the cause of this. It will get fixed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, for me PAHud has eliminated a lot of the lag that I was experiencing on my system using GT+. (Athalon 800Mhz). Last night it was a little slower than it used to be but it is a drastic improvement (GT+ was essentially unusable).

PrincipalSkinner
07-05-2005, 04:15 PM
You may want to verify that you are running the latest version--I had the problem you describe with a previous version . . .

By the way, Mr. Pokerace--since there will probably be a bunch of upgrades, can you put the number of the version being run at the top of the little control window that we see when we first fire up the program?? That way we would always be able to tell at a glance if we are running the latest. Thanks

PrincipalSkinner
07-05-2005, 04:19 PM
How clever!!! It's so easy when you know how! Thanks!

TheIrishThug
07-05-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
By the way, Mr. Pokerace--since there will probably be a bunch of upgrades, can you put the number of the version being run at the top of the little control window that we see when we first fire up the program?? That way we would always be able to tell at a glance if we are running the latest. Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

it will take longer than a glance, but the version # should be in the About.

Baulucky
07-05-2005, 06:16 PM
Where are the mpg stats?.

PokerAce
07-05-2005, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it will take longer than a glance, but the version # should be in the About.

[/ QUOTE ]

The version number has been on the Title Bar of the main window in every version since 0.10.

See?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/PokerAce/screen_1.jpg

PrincipalSkinner
07-05-2005, 08:01 PM
curiouser and curiouser. My window doesn't have the version number and it has the different logo. I have downloaded the latest version. The first version I downloaded had a logo like you show above, subsequent versions have had the other logo.

sexdrugsmoney
07-05-2005, 08:13 PM
How does Playerview compare in regards to hogging CPU/Mem usage compared to GT+ and PokerAce's HUD?

MrWookie47
07-05-2005, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The individual stat pop-up windows do not always pop up as requested. Their availability is undependable--which is not good when I need info right now at the moment of crisis. Can you not switch to the method used in GT+ ??? It has been 100% dependable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have this same problem. I'm never quite sure what I did to get the full stats window to appear, or what I'm not doing so that it doesn't.

TheIrishThug
07-05-2005, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
curiouser and curiouser. My window doesn't have the version number and it has the different logo. I have downloaded the latest version. The first version I downloaded had a logo like you show above, subsequent versions have had the other logo.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was at work on my last post, so i couldn't check the program. and i was right it is in the About. however, it is also in the title bar. u just need to make it wide enough to read the entire title bar.

PokerAce
07-05-2005, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have this same problem. I'm never quite sure what I did to get the full stats window to appear, or what I'm not doing so that it doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guys, when I release the next version tomorrow, you'll have to let me know if you still get this problem with it. There's been a ton of bug fixes, so I may have got it already.

MarkD
07-06-2005, 12:06 AM
I can't compare it to PV because I haven't useed it since they made you pay but compared to GT+ it's night and day for me. THe lag on GT+ was so bad that I stopped using it. The lag was so bad that it made me misclick twice for $250 worth of mistakes.

I notice almost no lag at all with PAHud and I'm using aditional databases so it's polling about 20% larger databases.