PDA

View Full Version : Heather Has Two Mommies

John Cole
02-06-2003, 10:01 AM
Next week, I'll be teaching Heather Has Two Mommies in an Introduction to Literature course. As a (perhaps) useful corrective, I'll also be using this web site: Heather Has Two Mommies (http://philip.greenspun.com/zoo/) . If you look at the bottom of the screen, you'll find a link to the politically correct version of Little Red Riding Hood.

John

BB King's
02-06-2003, 04:58 PM
... On the same site I found this link: http://www-personal.umd.umich.edu/~nhughes/htmldocs/pc.html

Gitz
02-06-2003, 05:44 PM
Little Red Riding Hood.

The Rolling Stones /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Rick Nebiolo
02-07-2003, 05:34 AM
John,

This guy has a great site. I love some of his favorite reads, especially the Richard Ford books. I'll try to read some of his other suggestions too. Is this somebody you know?

Regards,

Rick

PS I wish you could have been with us (Tommy, Andy, Hero, Mike el period, and Jim Rivett) at the Commerce buffett (which sucks but was the only quiet place to talk). .

Phat Mack
02-07-2003, 07:51 AM
I want to check out some of these books, too. This guy has also written what I think is the best book on web data base design. It used to be available for free on photo.net.

John Cole
02-07-2003, 11:04 AM
Rick,

I found this site while researching "Cool Studies." And, as you probably already know, I don't use Heather as an example of politically correct speech, some of which I have no problem with. I think, though, this site is funny and pretty inoffensive.

Now, if I could only "implement" a "task force" to study the "ongoing problem" of the term "closure" and its "impact" on all Americans "out there."

John

scalf
02-07-2003, 03:11 PM
/forums/images/icons/blush.gif gr8 site..lol..but when the girl asks what the man taking the picture is doing ;the older woman should answer.."he is going to focus"..and the little girl should ask..."both of us?"..gl john...keep on...gl /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

Phat Mack
02-07-2003, 03:40 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Now, if I could only "implement" a "task force"

[/ QUOTE ]
Network. The best way to implement a task force is by interfacing with your co-collegues.