PDA

View Full Version : Tell me what you think. 215.

Chaostracize
07-02-2005, 09:35 PM
Argument with a friend over this hand. Tell me your general thoughts, and then I'll post mine.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t3520)
UTG (t3080)
Button (t480)
SB (t2920)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t450</font>, 2 folds, Hero pushes t3520...

Jdiddy
07-02-2005, 09:38 PM
say arg ur lucky im a good player and i know better than to push with A5o to a raise from UTG on the bubble even tho id probably beat ur Q5o if i did....then fold

Chaostracize
07-02-2005, 09:41 PM
I have absolutely no idea what you are saying.

pooh74
07-02-2005, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have absolutely no idea what you are saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's ditto for me! (what was that?!)

Anyway, UTG will need at least KK to call this...I like this play and your Hero's cards are irrelevant. Unless villain knows hero is making a move, he will lay this down enough of the time to make it a profitable play.

It would work better if short stack had a little less and villain/UTG did as well. IOW, if he calls, us lose, ur still ITM for sure, which is not the case here.

Anyway, this hand is what makes cards themselves so trivial and situations so important on the bubble with divergent stack sizes...its a beautiful thing.

11t
07-02-2005, 10:04 PM
I do this all the time with complete rags.

Sucks if he woke up to AA/KK and is about to punk you so be it.

freemoney
07-02-2005, 10:06 PM
this is so not the case its irrelevant what he needs when he will call with worse.

adanthar
07-02-2005, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this is so not the case its irrelevant what he needs when he will call with worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo, which is why this push sucks unless, of course, I know him

ravensfan
07-03-2005, 12:02 AM
Personally, i don't really like putting your tourney on the line for what is probably a semi bluff... You're big stack and are 20xBB right? Why risk getting called down by the only other threat at this point... If it wasn't UTG, fine, or if you have a read ... fine.
I thought the second post was talking about "the gap", FWIW

pooh74
07-03-2005, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo, which is why this push sucks unless, of course, I know him

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is that he won't call....

adanthar
07-03-2005, 01:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The point is that he won't call....

[/ QUOTE ]

He won't? I've seen 86s make this call 'because you're raising every hand'.

xLukex
07-03-2005, 01:34 AM
Yeah, forget this push. Fold a couple hands while he blinds out and build yourself a tight table image for when you get ITM.

suited_ace
07-03-2005, 01:45 AM
Depends entirely on your table image. If you haven't been pushing a lot, this is great. UTG will need a huge hand to call you.

Apathy
07-03-2005, 03:06 AM
this does depend on many reads but against any 215 multitabler who isnt incredible (and there are several) I push this immediatly.

lastchance
07-03-2005, 03:09 AM
At a $215? And this happens often?

deathpotato
07-03-2005, 04:10 AM
Good push unless he knows you (and that you will make it with a lot of hands).

Fortitude
07-03-2005, 04:38 AM
You need READS to make moves like this and considering you did not provide any this is a horrible push.

AbelM
07-03-2005, 04:51 AM
I like to make this move, but the situation has to be correct:

UTG is agressive
You have to have a solid image
Also i think a much better place to make this play is when you or UTG has a stack of about 2000. Now it's somewhat of an overbet, which i might interpret as "i have [censored], but you don't have the balls to call me because of the shortstack."

Vs. players which i had a very good read on i defended to this play with as little as AJ and had them dominated quite often, for some reason people really like to do this with weak aces.

AbelM
07-03-2005, 04:52 AM
Definately.

Pitcher
07-03-2005, 09:06 AM
Hi Guys,

I see this move all the time, and make it myself once in awhile. I got bad news for people that think it won't get called. If the player has moved in once or twice before I will call with a fairly loose set of cards down to A9 and 77+. You can't allow yourself to get run over by this move. Even if you lose here, you will likely play this player later and they will be less likely to do it in the future.

In this specific incidence, I don't like the move very well based on stack sizes. I want a bit fewer chips (the move is more credible if you are risking your tournament, although the raiser would be completely crippled if he was called and lost) or more chips so you would have one more legitimate shot at the $$$ if you lose.

Pitcher