PDA

View Full Version : David Wells...

tech
07-02-2005, 09:22 PM
...just went nuts.

Edit: Upon further review, not as bad as I thought initially, but still funny.

bosoxfan
07-02-2005, 11:36 PM
And he was wearing a pokerstars hat and shirt in the post game interview. The top notch crew at NESN also failed to bleap him out when he said F'n Ahole.

boyd81
07-03-2005, 12:26 AM
Thats what happens when you go to a classless organization such as the Red Sox. Wells NEVER acted like the way he did tonight on the Yankees... or the White Sox. The fans are hooligans and vandals and so are the players once they join it.

tbach24
07-03-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thats what happens when you go to a classless organization such as the Red Sox. Wells NEVER acted like the way he did tonight on the Yankees... or the White Sox. The fans are hooligans and vandals and so are the players once they join it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead, did you get banned?

kyro
07-03-2005, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Johnny Damon and David Ortiz TP'd my house.

Matt Williams
07-03-2005, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...just went nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wells is right about the 2nd base umpire. That guy should never had gotten involved. When the home plate umpire started mouthing off to Wells, Wells turned around and walked away. Granted, he called him a F'ing A-Hole but it wasn't to his face!

sublime
07-03-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...just went nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wells is right about the 2nd base umpire. That guy should never had gotten involved. When the home plate umpire started mouthing off to Wells, Wells turned around and walked away. Granted, he called him a F'ing A-Hole but it wasn't to his face!

[/ QUOTE ]

the second base umpire should be spoken to by higher ups. you are thier to do a job, do it and stfu.

sublime
07-03-2005, 04:55 PM
The 2nd base ump has had issues before (http://espn.go.com/page2/s/thinking/020718/umpire.html)

Sad that we even know this guys name

nothumb
07-03-2005, 08:20 PM
This is the second time I've seen an ump come out and make a questionable intervention against a pitcher who was complaining this year. Both were Red Sox pitchers but I mostly watch Sox games so I don't read anything into that. The other one was when that terrible plate ump came out to defend himself to Wade Miller after Miller was complaining (rightfully) about some very inconsistent officiating. Who the hell walks out to talk to a pitcher and justify his calls?

NT

Joe Tall
07-04-2005, 09:54 PM
If you were watching David Wells enter the dugout after he was thrown out, I was standing in the front row (I was sitting in the owner's box that inning), where Affleck and J.Lo sat a few years back and had a authentic, white, Red Sox shirt on, w/a sox cap on backwards. I was third from the dugout. Much taller than than my friend and girlfriend standing next to me.

Joe Tall
07-06-2005, 12:01 AM
This was just after the inning where Timlin came in and cleaned up when Wells got kicked out.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/joetall/TimlinSmall.jpg

nolanfan34
07-06-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This was just after the inning where Timlin came in and cleaned up when Wells got kicked out.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/joetall/TimlinSmall.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

I just spent 2 minutes trying to figure out where you guys are in the picture, before I realized that you took the pic. I'm smart.

[censored]
07-06-2005, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you were watching David Wells enter the dugout after he was thrown out, I was standing in the front row (I was sitting in the owner's box that inning), where Affleck and J.Lo sat a few years back and had a authentic, white, Red Sox shirt on, w/a sox cap on backwards. I was third from the dugout. Much taller than than my friend and girlfriend standing next to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did you manage those seats?

pryor15
07-06-2005, 02:03 AM
must be rough sitting so close. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Joe Tall
07-06-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How did you manage those seats?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm dating J. Lo, of course! You didnt' see me in Star mag!?!? What you thought Ben got those tickets!??!

Myrtle
07-08-2005, 07:22 AM
....nice seats, Joe.

I was over on the 3rd base side.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif