PDA

View Full Version : $650 Stars WSOP qualifier - tips?

minwoo
07-02-2005, 07:29 PM
I'm still trying to qualify last minute for the WSOP ME. I've only played the $160 DS's and have had no success.

This big $650 tournament seems to have slow blinds and a nice starting stack. Do I still need to aggressively take those coinflips and gambles or should I just play straightforward and hope to survive long enough to hit that seat? Anyone who has had success in these tournaments care to comment?

minwoo
07-02-2005, 11:01 PM
rawr

HouseBlouse
07-02-2005, 11:07 PM
I feel like optimum strategy would be to play your normal game, and just try to survive until the seat. I mean its not like your playing for first, so I would play more conservatively.

mojolang
07-02-2005, 11:09 PM
absolutely not.

A lot depends on your game, really. If you are a tight solid player, play tight and solid waiting for hands. The structure is slow enough that you cant wait for monsters and get paid off. Otherwise, I like to play a lot of postflop poker, so I like to take a lot of flops in the hopes of outplaying my opponents, which also works well for a long while in this tourney. Basically just play g00t and you should be fine. Just don't bubble, like me.

Peace,

Joe