PDA

View Full Version : Ed Miller Radio Interview Comment

asdtexas
07-02-2005, 06:25 PM
In the radio interview, I think Ed says that a pro will win about 60% of his or her sessions. Is this correct in that 60% is a reasonable average? Even though I am sure it has been discussed, I have never seen anything on this subject and would welcome feedback. Putting it another way, assuming you are a winning player, what percentage of your sessions do you post a win?

Ed Miller
07-02-2005, 10:05 PM
The number 60% is arbitrary. How many winning sessions you have depends strongly on your habits. How long are your sessions? Do you tend to quit while you are ahead? Quit while you are behind? Do you play tournaments, sit 'n go's, cash limit, or cash no-limit?

I use 60% as a number to help laypeople understand that the expert often goes home a loser.

djack
07-04-2005, 07:13 AM
For what it's worth, in the book Aces and Kings Chip Reese is quoted -- somewhat whimsically -- at 65% winning days.

Thanks for making the point to others that we lose often, Ed.

The Dude
07-04-2005, 11:53 AM
Yeah Ed, well, I win 98% of my sessions, so THERE.

DcifrThs
07-04-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The number 60% is arbitrary. How many winning sessions you have depends strongly on your habits. How long are your sessions? Do you tend to quit while you are ahead? Quit while you are behind? Do you play tournaments, sit 'n go's, cash limit, or cash no-limit?

I use 60% as a number to help laypeople understand that the expert often goes home a loser.

[/ QUOTE ]

if this is the question that came out of the radio interview im laughing that nobody is on the floor laughing at the guy who asked you those questions you told me about...is it the same interview that you had when i was down there? or another one?

-Barron

TimTimSalabim
07-04-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah Ed, well, I win 98% of my sessions, so THERE.

[/ QUOTE ]

I win 100% of mine (it's all one long session /images/graemlins/grin.gif).

andyfox
07-04-2005, 11:36 PM
And I win the other 2% when he's in the game.

Ed Miller
07-05-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if this is the question that came out of the radio interview im laughing that nobody is on the floor laughing at the guy who asked you those questions you told me about...is it the same interview that you had when i was down there? or another one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, that was a different one.. and unfortunately I don't think it's taped.

The Dude
07-05-2005, 03:37 AM
Andy, you should have straddled that K7s hand.

LargeCents
07-06-2005, 02:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was interested in the quote as well. I looked over my stats, and indeed 60% seems like a pretty standard number, playing limit Hold Em. I'd say if you are winning 65% at limit Hold Em, it's time to move up in limit. But, maybe 65% isn't even sustainable.