PDA

View Full Version : Tap on the glass or not

Percula
07-02-2005, 06:25 PM
OK, here is the situation. I play fairly regular in a live 5-150 spread limit game, it is a profitable game for me.

Last night I was in a big hand with a regular. Let me set up the table... Seat 3 is a regular, tight and fairly solid player, but one that I can beat. Seat 4 is a buddy of his, not a solid player that I use like an ATM but keep on a friendly first name basis with.

I get into a hand with seat 3 and he mis plays his A high flush by letting me drawout to the straight flush. He leads out the river for the max bet of $150, I insta raise 150, he raises 150, I raise 150... Now this is all happening FAST with verbal declarations. The dealer calls a stop to the action and demands that each move our bets out. I say "its OK, we are going to the felt on this one", seat 3 says raise 150 and the dealer puts his foot down and demands the chips. While we are getting the chips moved out and the action is on me, seat 4 tells his buddy "hey he has the jack" (the card to complete the straight flush), seat 3 comes back "so what", seat 4 "he has the straight flush!!!", shock crosses the eyes of seat 3 and the blood drains from his face.

OK, it is now my action... seat 3 has about $350 behind yet, and I have about $400 behind. I say raise $150, seat 3 folds face up.

I was as mad a wet hen! I did not say anything and frankly I dont think the rest of the table even really knew what just happened except I just raked a monster pot.

So how would you handle this considering I am likely to make a lot more than I lost by not getting the last $350 from seat 3 from a friendly seat 4 than I am a PO'ed at me seat 4 in the future.

The Ocho
07-02-2005, 06:39 PM
Just ask him politely not to talk about what he thinks you have in future hands. Be cool about it. There is nothing you can do to get the money so don't freak out. The damage is done. Keep calm.

FWIW, I had a very similar situation in a Foxwoods NL game where a guy blabbing about my hand cost me about 3 grand. It happens. It sucks, but it happens.

vexvelour
07-02-2005, 06:41 PM
I have never had this happen to me, and it is extremely uncool. The last tournament I played at, something similar happened when a player went all in against one other guy. Player to call sat there stupidly fumbling through his chips counting them to see how it would affect his stack. Meanwhile blinds raise every 15 mins, other ppl at the table are getting pissy and one player pipes up with "You don't have to count out all those chips, it's basically 3 blacks and a red to you". This enticed the amateur to call immediately after it was put this way. Mr. All-In had nothing and was way pissed off about this comment. He leaned across the table to Mr. Bigmouth and blantanly threatened him. He was angry way after his game ended, because he kept coming back around to the table to comment about it here and there.

Anyway, you should have given P4 a wide grin and thanked him for putting 3 on tilt.

LotsOfOuts69
07-03-2005, 03:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I get into a hand with seat 3 and he mis plays his A high flush by letting me drawout to the straight flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll let you draw to your straight flush all day

nothumb
07-03-2005, 03:46 AM
Without reading, not.

NT

Ryno
07-03-2005, 03:56 AM
I would stack my chips, take a deep breath, and get ready for the next hand.

shant
07-03-2005, 05:35 AM
You have to tell the guy to not talk about a hand while it is in progress. That is just a stupid [censored] thing to do.