PDA

View Full Version : My intro to Muckleshoot

ripdog
02-05-2003, 07:35 PM
Wow! What a huge difference. Got to meet majorkong and impress him with my ability to sit for two hours and fold random hand after random hand. I took a break and came back just in time to watch him drag the biggest pile of chips I think I've ever seen with A-K of hearts versus Q-10 of hearts. The play at Muckleshoot is definitely tougher than Kenmore--much more aggressive and it's obvious that the players (most of them) have at least some understanding of the game. I was slightly amused to sit down and have the a-hole across me demand a new set-up before I even got one hand dealt to me. 20 minutes later the guy three seats to my left asked for another new set-up. There were two PA announcements letting the dealers and players know that they were temporarily out of new set-ups. Surprise, surprise. What a bunch of cry babies! Kenmore Lanes attracts a happier bunch. I'll be back to recoup my losses. While the play was certainly tougher than Kenmore Lanes, I wouldn't go so far as to call it genuinely tough. It's a perspective thing. The room was nice--not too smoky at all and many tables to choose from. Three new set-ups didn't get me any cards. I was on a nice streak going in, so I wasn't stunned into tilt mode to see my cards go into the deep freeze. Actually, if it weren't for majorkong's presence at the table, I'd have got up and left two hours before I actually did. I can see that the games up there have a greater chance of paying off--no respect for the pre-flop raiser at Muckleshoot. Lots of opportunity to re-raise. It seemed to me that there were at least three dickheads at the table during my session--sometimes more. I'm impressed with the room and its employees, but the clientele (no offense Ed /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif ) could use some work. But to those guys I'm just another snotty Eastside yuppy, so the door swings both ways, eh? Seems like someone in the Auburn valley left the barn door open on Monday night. Ed, you ought to hit Kenmore on a Friday evening just to see how soft it is. You can alway bail out and head up to Auburn if you don't like it. I would derive great pleasure in beating up on those other jerks though. It was nice to put a face with the name.

Ed Miller
02-06-2003, 12:58 AM
Hehe.. good to meet you too. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Ya... you kind of have to trust me that that table was kind of a bad one... the players were a little better than average for 4-8 and also a little more unpleasant than average. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif The games are plenty beatable... all of them at all the limits, though they can be a little tough at times.

I will stop by Kenmore sometime... I've never played in a kill game before, so that will be something new for me.. hehe. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Hope you do make it down to Muckleshoot again on a more regular basis.

bernie
02-06-2003, 01:18 AM
"the players were a little better than average for 4-8 and also a little more unpleasant than average."

sounds like ya had some of the 10-20 jerks in yer game....i think i can imagine a couple....

if ya really want the cross section of players. the hideaway south opened. it's where i used to play alot when it was sonny's. back then, you played with the blue collar guys, retireds, wannabes...and such..but late at night/early morning you got to play with the local gangbangers comin in to blow some money....that was always fun....

ahhh the old sonny's nights...

b