PDA

View Full Version : NL Holdem Advice Needed!!!

PokerProdigy
07-02-2005, 05:45 PM
I need advice about how to play heads-up in the single table sit and gos because I have finished 2nd the last 5-8 times I got it heads-up and it's really frustrating me. You can give personal advice, book recommendations, articles recommendations, posts on this forum recommendations, etc... Just whatever should help me game.

P.S. I am playing the $10+1 NL holdem single table tournaments on party poker if that helps with the advice.

DJ Sensei
07-02-2005, 05:47 PM
HOH2 has a very good heads up section in it, although it seems to be designed more for deepstacked HU play, which you certainly wont find at the party 10+1s. Before anybody else flames you for it, use the search function on here, i'm sure you'll find some good threads. Also, theres an entire forum devoted to shorthanded and heads up play, theres probably a good assortment of advice there too.

4T25Q85
07-02-2005, 06:24 PM
check out my "problems with HU" post on this first page

Isura
07-02-2005, 06:33 PM
relentless aggression.

valenzuela
07-02-2005, 06:35 PM
basically push Any J+,T9+. Call with any K+,Q7+,JT+
against ridicoulisly tight oponents push any 2, call with any A,KQ+

jkl
07-02-2005, 06:36 PM
Take this for what it is worth from a person who has a ratio of first to second of about 6-5. With the blinds generally so high relative to the stacks I generally push with any pocket pair greater than 7s, A-X (Greater than 8) K-X (X greater than ten) Q-T and JTs. I am amazed at how some of my opponents wait to get a big hand and just get blinded away. Even if they do finally catch a big hand they wont even have 1/4 of the chips when it happens.

I'd be interested if anyone has a different strategy.

valenzuela
07-02-2005, 06:41 PM
Plz tell me u dont muck 44!!!, Ill go all the way with any pocket pair HU, ure range seems to tight, most players are way to tight HU just push, push, push and u will be a winner.

Degen
07-02-2005, 06:41 PM
push every SB

if your opponent completes his SB, push every BB

this should be good for 45%+

suited_ace
07-02-2005, 08:05 PM
That's WAY too tight.

cha59
07-02-2005, 10:47 PM
The previously suggested advice is very good.

If you want to try something different that will help your HU game, put some money in a site that offers heads up games(like Ultimate Bet, there are many others though). You play an SNG against one opponent.

These kind of games have low variance for obvious reasons and although it is different from the end of a normal SNG, it can really help your heads up game. Its a fun way to blow off steam too, because you play a lot of hands.