PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances Party listens to this?

Jman28
07-02-2005, 05:15 PM
I haven't been around the forums as long as some of you guys, and I hope this hasn't come up before and I sound stupid.

I'm worried that my ROI at the Party 100s and 200s will soon be decreasing, even as I improve. I realize they will always be beatable, but I'm seeing so many more familiar faces there. With everyone getting better and moving up, and no where else to go (besides the STEPS or another poker site), the top SNGs are getting crowded.

They aren't too crowded yet, but they seem to be heading in that direction. Let me be clear that I am not trying to make a 'this is the end of online poker' post. It most definitely is not. The point is the following:

Would it be worth it for a bunch of people to email Party requesting higher buyin SNGs? Is there any chance they will listen to a bunch of weiners like us?

What are the chances they do this on their own in the near future?

Flame if you wanna.

Degen
07-02-2005, 05:20 PM
i've personally emailed them a couple of times asking for just this

i think it is inevitable that they will do it at some point...and i think an all out email campaign on our part (as the only, to my knowledge, organized collection of regular SNGers that exists) would do a lot to assist...

i for one would be willing to spam the crap out of them if somebody wants to attempt to orgainze something

i'm attempting to move up to the 109's and i'm seeing some of what you say, if they opened up a 500+35 or something, the 109 and 215's would INSTANTLY soften up, IMO

ChuckyB
07-02-2005, 05:20 PM
If there's enough demand for higher buy-in SnGs...why wouldn't they listen?
They make $150 in rake off a 10-handed $200. If they did $500+25 (that could be out to lunch, I'm making it up)...it doesn't cost them any more, and they rake an extra hundred bucks.

It takes the same resources for them for your $200 SnG as it does for my $5 SnG. So keep writing them, get some other people to write too. They recently added 20/40 and the $2000 NL game.

deathpotato
07-02-2005, 05:21 PM
I too would like to see this very much. I've been trying out steps and just don't feel as comfortable playing a bunch of tables with different prize structures, I'd love to have standard payout $500 and $1000 tables to play instead. I doubt anything will be done about it in the near future, but it's worth a try.

Jman28
07-02-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i for one would be willing to spam the crap out of them if somebody wants to attempt to orgainze something

[/ QUOTE ]

As would I.

I'm going to be gone from Sunday to early Tuesday, but if this gets a good response, I would gladly help organize a campaign.

If someone wants to take charge and organize since I'm gonna be out, go for it.

Jman28
07-02-2005, 08:18 PM
One reason I've heard that they would like to keep the games at lower stakes is that the fish will last longer. If fish move up to $500 SnGs on a $1500 bankroll, we're probably gonna lose them quickly.

I still think it would be in their best interest to make higher buyin games though.

Bluff Daddy
07-02-2005, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If there's enough demand for higher buy-in SnGs...why wouldn't they listen?
They make $150 in rake off a 10-handed $200. If they did $500+25 (that could be out to lunch, I'm making it up)...it doesn't cost them any more, and they rake an extra hundred bucks.

It takes the same resources for them for your $200 SnG as it does for my $5 SnG. So keep writing them, get some other people to write too. They recently ad
ded 20/40 and the $2000 NL game.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea they keep adding higher and higher nl games why not sngs?

The once and future king
07-02-2005, 09:52 PM
stars has higher (1000) and I often see some weak players in em, fish who hit it big in a MTT often like to play a few.

That said there are of course some right ball busters in there also.

Newt_Buggs
07-03-2005, 02:54 AM
curtains would definitly be interested in this. Just curious, are you guys emailing PP directly, or the skin that you play on?

Apathy
07-03-2005, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
curtains would definitly be interested in this. Just curious, are you guys emailing PP directly, or the skin that you play on?

[/ QUOTE ]

We should all do both... email everyone possible, the sooner they get a higher buyin SNG the sooner all of our hourly rates go up.

byronkincaid
07-03-2005, 06:34 AM
Party are looking to bring in higher limit tables but they're worried about collusion, or I should say worried about having to spend more money on collusion detection.

ZBTHorton
07-03-2005, 09:39 AM
I've heard these are already coming, we just have to wait a big longer.

Newt_Buggs
07-03-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've heard these are already coming, we just have to wait a big longer.

[/ QUOTE ]
where did you hear this?