PDA

View Full Version : When you know you've hit rock bottom.

LargeCents
07-02-2005, 04:40 PM
I could write a comedy act doing a Foxworthy-esqe take on hitting rock-bottom.

You know you've hit rock-bottom when you belch and it smells exactly like catshit.

You know you've hit rock-bottom when your entire apartment smells like catshit, yet you don't have a cat.

You know you've hit rock-bottom when you let a healthy fart, yet it all comes out liquid rather than gas.

You know you've hit rock-bottom when you are now laughing and crying, and the crying isn't really from the laughing.

You know you've hit rock-bottom when your existence on 2+2 really has nothing to do with poker.

More to come, maybe.

Vince Young
07-02-2005, 04:44 PM
/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif;

gl
/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

nervous
07-02-2005, 04:55 PM
Don't quit your day job to be a standup just yet.

The once and future king
07-02-2005, 05:12 PM
Im english so am out of the loop on american culture.

So please tell me, is "Foxworthy-esqe" american slang for not at all funny.

tbach24
07-02-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeff Foxworthy does these "You know you're a red neck when..." and then says something completely idiotic. So yes, it is not funny at all.

Blackjack
07-02-2005, 05:15 PM
God I hate when people post things that are so awkward that you kind of feel ashamed for them.

Blackjack

The Stranger
07-02-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeff Foxworthy does these "You know you're a red neck when..." and then says something completely idiotic. So yes, it is not funny at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wrong.

Example: "If you've ever been too drunk to fish. . .yooooou might be a redneck."

[wrong about the format, not the funnitude]

Blackjack
07-02-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tbach, did the player in your avatar get in trouble with the coaches for that stunt?

tbach24
07-02-2005, 05:17 PM
Oh yes, that's right. My roomate made me listen to Foxworthy once and it was torture.

tbach24
07-02-2005, 05:19 PM
I missed that game.

LargeCents
07-02-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny, if you can relate. I can understand, and somewhat envy, those who cannot.

Me, I grew up with at least one non-working car, overgrown with grass, in the yard at all times, with a tv that actually used rabbit ears, with more mounted deer antlers than family pictures in the living room, with at least one relative without indoor plumbing, have parts of a family tree that do not branch (not my direct bloodline), etc, etc. I know the jokes are very tasteless, but I am just that bored. It just dawned on me that the community here is very non-redneck.

IronDragon1
07-02-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It just dawned on me that the community here is very non-redneck.

[/ QUOTE ]

This just now dawned on you?

The Stranger
07-02-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Git 'r done!

nervous
07-02-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

It's funny, if you can relate. I can understand, and somewhat envy, those who cannot.

Me, I grew up with at least one non-working car, overgrown with grass, in the yard at all times, with a tv that actually used rabbit ears, with more mounted deer antlers than family pictures in the living room, with at least one relative without indoor plumbing, have parts of a family tree that do not branch (not my direct bloodline), etc, etc. I know the jokes are very tasteless, but I am just that bored. It just dawned on me that the community here is very non-redneck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I just read that whole post in my mind with the voice of Jeff Foxworthy. Not fun.

LargeCents
07-02-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I assume that the U.S. is at least 50% redneck, because only a redneck would vote for Bush Jr. I further assumed that the U.S. is probably more like 75% redneck, because most rednecks would have a tough time voting, period. (Redneck roommate of mine voted for Bush, because she thought she was voting "against" him, somehow. yeah, liberal redneck, go figure.) ugh. In reality, online is a isolated oasis away from the sea of redneck that surrounds me. With much of the intellect displayed in OOT, though, I assumed it to be somewhat redneck. I was hoping to reach out to my cyber-redneck bretheren

IronDragon1
07-02-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I assume that the U.S. is at least 50% redneck, because only a redneck would vote for Bush Jr. I further assumed that the U.S. is probably more like 75% redneck, because most rednecks would have a tough time voting, period. (Redneck roommate of mine voted for Bush, because she thought she was voting "against" him, somehow. yeah, liberal redneck, go figure.) ugh. In reality, online is a isolated oasis away from the sea of redneck that surrounds me. With much of the intellect displayed in OOT, though, I assumed it to be somewhat redneck. I was hoping to reach out to my cyber-redneck bretheren

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm....ok

vulturesrow
07-02-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Git 'r done!

[/ QUOTE ]

Much superior to Foxworthy.

Blarg
07-02-2005, 08:16 PM
I thought this was going to be the typical OOT contest mixed with assinine flaming. Oh well, here's one:

You know you've really hit rock bottom when you're violently expelling from both ends at the same time.

I remember someone telling me once that he had violent diarrhea and projectile vomiting at the same time once, and the wrong end was pointing in the toilet. If there is a really wrong end, in that case, I guess. Some super stomach flu, he said. He said that's when you know your wife really loves you, when she's holding your head up while that's happening. Not that I think he did it just to test her...

youtalkfunny
07-04-2005, 07:12 AM
Was this in the bathroom at Ryan's?

Popinjay
07-04-2005, 07:21 AM
You know you've hit rock-bottom when you are up at 4AM replying to this thread.