PDA

View Full Version : Slow play gone terribly wrong...

beta1607
07-02-2005, 04:16 PM
7 Card Stud High ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___calls
Seat 2: xx xx T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___completes
Seat 4: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___brings-in___folds

4th Street - (4.10 SB)

Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___raises___calls
Seat 3: xx xx K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets___raises
Seat 7: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___raises___calls

5th Street - (8.05 BB)

Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets

Total pot: (8.05 BB)

If it helps, Seat 7 is Nappori. How is the 3 bet on 4th?

djr
07-02-2005, 06:10 PM
Is slowplaying really a smart move with this hand? Yeah it's a great hand on 3rd, but you don't really want a lot of followers

beta1607
07-03-2005, 01:55 AM
table was agressive and so I was pretty sure the K or Q would complete.

Andy B
07-03-2005, 11:24 AM
If they're aggressive, I think that's all the more reason to raise yourself.

Roland
07-03-2005, 12:02 PM
I wouldn’t slowplay here either. Give Nappori the chance to call two cold with his queens. Or maybe seat 4 will be kind enough to re-raise you with 9s. You never know.

BeerMoney
07-03-2005, 01:52 PM
Beta, IF you're gonna raise 4th, why not limp reraise 3rd?

I think it seems to make sense to wait until fifth to pot it if you're gonna slowplay. Sorry Napp. sucked out on you. He has a way of doing such things.